Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Trade In Price

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Well you're putting the work in, so you deserve a fair deal for defo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

You definitely wouldn't want to be too fussed about dealer service and car presentation if you're buying it in Al Hayes!! A visit to his "showrooms" is a real eye opener, from first hand experience, I wouldn't buy anything there personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Right lads. Spoke to a really sound guy in Windsor. The car I looked at came in at 28450. The sales guys was honest with me. Told me book value for mine was 15k with less mileage. He told me that he would take mine and I could take the other car for 16200. The car's not the colour I was looking for but it has seriously low mileage and is in top nick. This guy was dead sound and Id deal with him. Just going through some sums here and gona call him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Sounds like all your work paid off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

What are you looking at buying?

• Advertisement

Yep, seems like all the looking around really has paid off. Not gona bother with Western Motors now after speaking to this guy. Gona call him tomorrow and see when the deal can be done.

What are you looking at buying?

This is the motor here:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/Very-Clean/930715/

Folks, I bought a car. Bought a 2007 VW Passat 1.9 TDi with 23000 km on the clock. Car price - 28,495.
    Price paid for the car.........................15,900 and a full tank of diesel, and my astra of course. Means I got 12,595 for my Astra. Thats a long way off the 10,500 offered in Western Motors. Id highly recommend the guy I dealt with in Windsor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Best of luck with the new car hope it goes well for you and thanks for keeping us all up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Folks, I bought a car. Bought a 2007 VW Passat 1.9 TDi with 23000 km on the clock. Car price - 28,495.
    Price paid for the car.........................15,900 and a full tank of diesel, and my astra of course. Means I got 12,595 for my Astra. Thats a long way off the 10,500 offered in Western Motors. Id highly recommend the guy I dealt with in Windsor.

Nice one, always pays to shop around and do some homework. It shocks me the amount of people who simply will not do this and end up getting fleeced for simply being lazy.

It also goes to show you how some dealers can go out of their way a little to clinch that sale. Windsor sold you a Passat today while Western are probably stuck with a dozen similar models sitting on their forecourt gathering dust.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Nice one, always pays to shop around and do some homework. It shocks me the amount of people who simply will not do this and end up getting fleeced for simply being lazy.

It also goes to show you how some dealers can go out of their way a little to clinch that sale. Windsor sold you a Passat today while Western are probably stuck with a dozen similar models sitting on their forecourt gathering dust.

Exactly. The guy in Windsor was fantastic to deal with. He was great to haggle with over the price, very accommodating and threw in a tank of diesel! The guy in Western were terrible to deal with. No budging on price and not offering anything.

Advertisement