Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Citizenship & Diversity

• 10-05-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I'm sure he said it but I can't remember, are we allowed to answer questions on the topic we wrote our essay on? I'm sure we're not but I can't find anything about it.

And whats everyone studying for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

He said we're not allowed to write on our essay topic in the exam. I did the topic of feminism and multiculturalism relating to Okin's arguments so I can't write on that topic.

My main topic will be immigration but I'll also cover religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

yeah, you can't write on your essay cause some people did topics outside the reading or something. crap, since the only thing i know is the essay :(

gonna look at religion and maybe immigration.

Also the answer in the exam has to be structured along the lines of an argument, counter-argument and your assessment. The arguments and counter-arguments are to based on the readings.

The same as the essay structure really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Ah ****e, I thought so. I did feminism for the essay too. I'd done an essay on it for political sociology last semester, so I just threw in Okin and Kymlicka. I've done immigration, and I was going to do theories of citizenship but its a bit much to get my head around at this stage so I might try religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Yep, not allowed do the same one as your essay.

Can I ask, did he give any ints as to what topics will come up?
    I can't find anything in my notes.
    Or will every topic arise?

• Advertisement

He said that every topic will come up and I think it will be the case as there's only five topics in the module. Obviously feminism, immigration, religion and ethnic and national citizenship (multiculturalism etc.) are the main topics.

I thought the exam topics were very reasonable. I did the question discussing Miller's views on immigration. I'm happy with it.

Advertisement