Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick release

Options
  • 10-05-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering does anybody here change the quick realse mechanisms on their bikes to a more secure pin skewer.Any recommendations?....Is it worth doing?.....I'm not sure i will have need for the quick release as i don't race my bike:p but i'm sure theives would like my wheels!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I'm guessing from your question that you lock your bike up in insecure places - i.e. not your just home. Quick release will just make things easier (and lighter, given less spanners) on a day to day basis so I'd probably generally recommend it, but if it's locked up insecure like, you might want to consider a chain that's long enough to go from back wheel, through the frame, to the front wheel.

My bottom line is that it's much much handier to have it and the length of the chain is the only offset that I can think of at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭bassman22

I'd get rid of the quick release, you may forget/not bother to lock both your wheels, and come back to find them gone. And personally I don't like carrying around extra large locks, or removing the front wheel to lock it to the rest...

Advertisement