Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please!!!

Options
  • 10-05-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance.
    Myself and a friend are heading down to Cork for a concert on the 26th June. Its a thursday. Having never been in Cork before, we would like a reccomendation for somewhere to stay.
    What we are looking for is somewhere central. The concert is in the Marquee, so somewhere a reasonable walk or short taxi ride to there. Also, Either a late residents bar, or close to some decent-ish nightclub that will be open on a thursday. We plan on a lot of drinking!!!

Thanks (in Advance)

Jimdagym

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

didn't even know mozza was playin in cork and i live here :eek:

but tickets are not on sale yet so are u sure you will get them?

as for a hotel i would chose the clarion hotel, lapps quay. it's close enough to walk to the marquee and not far from oliver plunkett street/patrick street where there are late bars but clubs are elsewhere. the city centre isn't massive you can walk to anywhere so...............

p.s. the marquee is on the old ford motors site (yes ford cars were once made in cork), there will be a bar there. esentially it's a big tent but can be good atmosphere with the right crowd/act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXX4m9EoaA4

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Erra, sleep on a bench at the Atlantic pond. If they're not all booked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is the clarion not expensive? Jury's Inn would be handy, not too much of a walk to the marquee or town...

There is a bar in the marquee, but it's not open late or anything, so into town with ye i'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What kinda budget you working with?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jury's Inn would be the closest but even if you wanted the Jury's out by UCC you're only talking about 10-15 mins more walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

True, Cork ain't that big really...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Kold wrote: »
    What kinda budget you working with?

Ah, whatever, but I refuse to pay 200e for Jury's, thats just a rip off.

Advertisement