Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio treatment

Options
  • 10-05-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Im sure this question has come up before but I was unable to find anything in the search.

We have a large patio in our backgarden, Built nearly 10 years ago and for the last 5 years I have been using a power washer to clean the slabs of the green 'gunge' (algae?). In that time, the prevalance of the gunge has been increasing dramatically.

I did a power wash today and I noticed that the slabs are starting to crack/break under it, I use the lowest setting to avoid causing damage.

So, can anyone recommend some sort of treatment? Id prefer to stop power washing the slabs since they are taking progessively longer to clean each year. A normal hose and garden brush doesn't really do the trick.
    Or, should we start thinking about replacing the slabs? (They seem to be in fairly good condition)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

There are several proprietary stone cleaners available, but some are very corrosive whilst others must be applied with some pressure (power washer). A quick and easy solution is to use MMC-PRO, a liquid concentrate available in 5L bottles from a number of stores incl Woodies.

First application remains active for 6 months and 8-12 months after subsequent applications.

Easy to use, quick acting and long lasting. Simply dilute concentrate with water (4:1), and 25 L solution is sufficent to treat 75-100 sq m.

Best applied with a knapsack sprayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

There are several proprietary stone cleaners available, but some are very corrosive whilst others must be applied with some pressure (power washer). A quick and easy solution is to use MMC-PRO, a liquid concentrate available in 5L bottles from a number of stores incl Woodies.

First application remains active for 6 months and 8-12 months after subsequent applications.

Easy to use, quick acting and long lasting. Simply dilute concentrate with water (4:1), and 25 L solution is sufficent to treat 75-100 sq m.

Best applied with a knapsack sprayer.

Thanks for the info :)
    Ill drop into woodies next weekend and give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 deecare

Can anyone tell me what to use to clean mortar stains on new slabs?

Advertisement