Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade in for elite

• 10-05-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how this works?

I was thinking of doing it, do Xtravision do it?

I have a 360 Premium and want to trade it in, what do I have to give them in the trade in (controllers etc..) and do I need the 360 box or whats the story?

Also how much can I get and where is the best place to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Dont think xttavision do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I traded mine in gamestop last year and got €260 against the elite. I had to copy my game saves and profiles onto a friends elite first though because they wouldnt give me the same amount if I brought it in at a later date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

How do you copy your data across? memory card?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

If you bring in you premium to gamestop it will cost you €209 for the elite and they will copy all your data accross to the new HDD for free if you ask them.

Make sure you bring everything that came with it, cables, 1 controller, battery case thingy, headset and plug. You don'r need the original box or manuals.

Does anyone know if game do a similar offer as its a lot closer to me than the nearest gamestop?

Game don't even seem to have an Irish website :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Im sure they do but when I was trading in they were offering less than gamestop were.
    I think game was 200 but gamestop was 260. The price of a game in the difference.

I might just trade in my launch games for the difference as they are mostly crap.

I think I'd still take game as I don't have a car so I'd be going in on the bus and I don't fancy walking around the city centre with a 360 in my bag both because of the weight and the likelyhood that someone will rob me.

I can hope off and get into game pretty easily in liffey valley which is why I'm so in favour of game.

Ronan wrote: »
    If you bring in you premium to gamestop it will cost you €209 for the elite and they will copy all your data accross to the new HDD for free if you ask them.

Make sure you bring everything that came with it, cables, 1 controller, battery case thingy, headset and plug. You don'r need the original box or manuals.

Do I need the LAN cable? Surely not? I have a lan cable but not the one that came with it :-/

I had to leave my ethernet cable in when i traded in mine. It probably depends if they know to look for it though. If they do want the official one then just give them the one from the elite if you dont need it.

Cool thanks, I'll bring in another one and see if they argue and then I'll tell them to keep the one from the elite. I don't care either way, I have crap loads of LAN cables and access to thousands more in work :lol:

I'm looking at game in liffey valley to trade in, I'm wondering do they check lot numbers and stuff because I want a falcon with the benQ drive if possible. I think most of the new ones are this anyway so I should be safe enough at this stage. I imagine Game in Liffey Valley's stock turns over fast enough and their store room small enought that I'd get a late lot number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement