Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upfront Week in USA - Autumn Schedules

• 10-05-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

This is the week where you'll find out if your favourite bubble shows are cancelled or renewed....

Early indicators are that the excellent Eli Stone is getting another season. However The Womens Murder Club is looking like it will be cancelled (and I'd put $10m on Joel Gretsch's character being
    The Kiss Me Not Killer
    , with the revelation at the end of the last episode..... typical).

Its looking like Reaper is coming back for another season (not confirmed yet, but likely), while Aliens in America is definitely gone.

If anyone hears anything else, post back here.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I know it's elsewhere but to keep everything in one thread:

The Sarah Conor Chronicles - Renewed
    Breaking Bad - Renewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks ixoy. Also officially back (announced in the last few months)

Chuck
    Life
    Gossip Girl

Definitely gone:

Journeyman
    The Dead Zone
    The 4400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mr E wrote: »

Definitely gone:

Journeyman

still cant understand this....

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Both Life and The Big Bang Theory have been renewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My opinions so far:
    Early indicators are that the excellent Eli Stone is getting another season.
    Wahey.. great news as the final few episodes were absolutely top-notch. Great if it does get another season.

The first few were patchy but writing really was kicked up a notch for the final few (especially the episode with
    the earthquake
    ).
    However The Womens Murder Club is looking like it will be cancelled (and I'd put $10m on Joel Gretsch's character being
    The Kiss Me Not Killer
    , with the revelation at the end of the last episode..... typical).
    Oh Dave... Dave.. Dave, you actually watched this tripe? You must have been it's sole viewer! ;)
    Its looking like Reaper is coming back for another season (not confirmed yet, but likely), while Aliens in America is definitely gone.
    I've been playing catch-up on Reaper and while it's watchable, it remains quite formalaic and the lead is wasted. A great comedy actor whose talents would have probably been better put to use with another series of 'The Loop'... very funny under-rated show!

Haven't watched any 'Aliens in America' since the 2nd episode and while I quite enjoyed it, I found it too similar to an inferior version of 'Malcolm in The Middle'.
    ixoy wrote: »
    The Sarah Conor Chronicles - Renewed
    Controversial one but I could have lived without it. It was extremely patchy for it's majority. And the three leads was horrific in it - no chemistry, patchy dialogue (not necessarily their fault) and wooden performances.
    Breaking Bad - Renewed
    Excellent news - one of the best shows of the last year. Was far too brief so it did deserve a second season and looking forward to it.

Chuck
    Probably my favourite new show of the last year.. each week was better than the previous. And Zachary Levi is absolutely top-notch as the lead.

And finally Adam Baldwin gets a break with a renewed show! :D
    Life
    Again, I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes and it lost me but I heard it improved greatly so might give it a watch during the summer months.
    Gossip Girl
    Girlfriend loves this cack.. watched 10 minutes of an episode where there's a Guitar Hero battle and I lost the will to live. And no, i'm not exaggerating! :eek:
    Definitely gone:

Journeyman
    It still hurts! :(
    The Dead Zone
    Haven't seen a single episode.. so can't really comment.
    The 4400
    Watched the first episode of the last season and it's been steadily losing my interest from episode to episode since season 2 onwards.

Haven't watched any since.

Keep us up-to-date on the renewals.. I'll do my best to also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

still cant understand this....
    Yeah me either really, thought it was a great show but perhaps required too large a budget?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Really glad to see chuck and breaking bad coming back. Both really good shows that have entertained me to no end. Pissed that 4400 isn't getting renewed. I watched all four seasons there not too long ago and while it wasn't great, I found it really enjoyable at times.

ixoy will be happy about this no doubt!

Boston Legal gets a fifth season!

They're thinking it might be partly due to the fact that Kelley's company owns the rights to the 'Life on Mars' remake!

basquille wrote: »

ixoy is :) Still enjoy this show and the superb chemistry and acting between the cast. Stories are a little ridiculous at times (but they acknowledge this) and I often disagree with the lawsuits but it's an awful lot of fun. Nice to see the bloodbath for me isn't so bad this year with my on-the-bubble shows getting picked up.

For those of you who do watch (and you should):

'Medium' is also renewed for the next season.

Am I the only one who feels a sense of dread when Fox picks up cool sounding shows?

JJ Abram's Fringe and Joss Whedon's Dollhouse are both going ahead with a multi-episode order (Fringe in Autumn, Dollhouse goes to midseason). Looking forward to checking these out in Pilot season in the next few months.

Till Death is coming back for a third season. Canterbury's Law and New Amsterdam are looking like they're cancelled.

• Advertisement

'Fringe'? You mean 'The X-Files: v2'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They're thinking it might be partly due to the fact that Kelley's company owns the rights to the 'Life on Mars' remake!

Crafty little fecker Mr Kelley is. Boston Legal wasn't exactly doing great in ratings this year but he obviously said "renew it or you aint getting Life on Mars!"

Eli Stone confirmed for Season 2.
    Womens Murder Club and October Road officially cancelled.
    Scrubs offically moving to ABC.
    Beauty and the Geek cancelled.
    The Unit and Moonlight are expected to come back.

Official Up-Front announcements for ABC and CW will be tomorrow (Tuesday)
    Offical CBS announcements on Wednesday, and Fox announcements on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

The Unit and Moonlight are expected to come back.

Official Up-Front announcements for ABC and CW will be tomorrow (Tuesday)
    Offical CBS announcements on Wednesday, and Fox announcements on Thursday.

Apparently Moonlight was safe but some doubt has crept in from a few sources that it may not be back - no definite word until Wednesday. Both Kristen and Ausiello have it as well as Variety.

Reaper is confirmed with a 13 episode mid-season return.

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Friday Night Lights :D and Lipstick Jungle :mad: have been renewed also.
    NBC's schedule for the 2008-09 TV season has been announced, and here's the big news: Friday Night Lights has been renewed (13 eps will air beginning in January following a fall run on DirecTV's The 101), The Office is getting spun off (told ya), Lipstick Jungle is returning, and Saturday Night Live is airing on (what?!) Thursday night!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Nbc-Fall-Schedule/800036704

And one of my personal favourites.. 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' gets a fourth season.. wahey!!

Hollywood Insider Exclusive

Found this and thought I'd throw it up here.

Returning
    NBC: Chuck, 30 Rock, The Apprentice, The Biggest Loser, Dateline NBC, Deal or No Deal, ER, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Knight Rider, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Life, Lipstick Jungle, My Name is Earl, Medium, The Office, Sunday Night Football

ABC: America's Funniest Home Videos, Boston Legal, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, Dirty Sexy Money, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Pushing Daisies, Samantha Who?, Supernanny, Ugly Betty, Wife Swap, Eli Stone, Scrubs, TBD

CBS: The Amazing Race, The Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, NUMB3RS, Survivor, Two and a Half Men, Without a Trace, TBD

The CW: Reaper, America's Next Top Model, Everybody Hates Chris, The Game, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural, TBD

Fox: 24, American Idol, American Dad, Family Guy, Kitchen Nightmares, King of the Hill, Prison Break, The Simpsons, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'Til Death, Bones, Hell's Kitchen, House, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?

In Limbo
    ABC: Cashmere Mafia, According to Jim, Miss Guided, Notes from the Underbelly, Oprah's Big Give, Primetime, Here Come the Newlyweds, Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann

CBS: Moonlight, Kid Nation, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Shark, The Unit, How I Met Your Mother, Power of 10, Rules of Engagement

The CW: Beauty and the Geek, Farmer Wants a Wife, Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants, Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Fox: Next Great American Band, Unhitched, Don't Forget the Lyrics

Cancelled:
    NBC: 1 vs. 100, Amne$ia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Choirs, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenomenon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs (moving to ABC)

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, TBD

CBS: Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, TBD

The CW: Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, TBD

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James, TBD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Am I the only one who feels a sense of dread when Fox picks up cool sounding shows?

JJ Abram's Fringe and Joss Whedon's Dollhouse are both going ahead with a multi-episode order (Fringe in Autumn, Dollhouse goes to midseason). Looking forward to checking these out in Pilot season in the next few months.

I thought Joss wouldn't work with Fox after they killed Firefly:confused:

Alan Ball's 'True Blood' is coming to HBO in the autumn apparantley. Should be good. 'Six Feet Under' was the best show ever.

Life on Mars is on Thursdays. I assume Lost will take over that slot mid-season.
    ABC will launch this fall with perhaps the most stable schedule of any network in years.

As expected, Alphabet web revealed a fall 2008 lineup that looks a lot like its fall 2007 sked – and that’s by design.

Just two new series made it on the sked: A revised U.S. adaptation of hit BBC thriller “Life on Mars,” and Ashton Kutcher-produced reality skein “Opportunity Knocks.”

"We're returning our dominant core group of shows from last fall," McPherson said. "The few openings we had we've filled with the kind of quality programming viewers have come to expect from ABC, and we have a very strong bench."

Also new to ABC, as expected: "Scrubs," which bows on the Alphabet on Tuesdays at 9 pm in the winter, while the "Dancing with the Stars" results show is on hiatus. "Scrubs" will be paired with new animated half-hour "The Goode Family," from Mike Judge, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky.

Also in midseason: The untitled Tyra Banks/Ashton Kutcher show, which will air Mondays at 8 during the "Dancing" break.

ABC went into the upfronts with most of its major freshman entries renewed for next year. What’s more, many of the Alphabet net’s pilots have yet to be shot – and ABC Entertainment prexy Steve McPherson made it clear that he wouldn’t schedule any new shows without first seeing some tape.

ABC’s decision to stick with a mostly stable sked is also recognition that the net was performing well in the fall – until the writers strike, and of course “American Idol,” halted that momentum.

Here’s how ABC’s fall sked stacks up:

Monday

8- “Dancing with the Stars”
    9:30 – “Samantha Who?”
    10 – “Boston Legal" / "the Bachelor"

Tuesday

8 – “Opportunity Knocks” (new reality show)
    9 – “Dancing with the Stars” results show / "Scrubs" and "The Goode Family" (midseason)
    10 – “Eli Stone”

Wednesday

8 – “Pushing Daisies”
    9 – “Private Practice”
    10 – “Dirty Sexy Money”

Thursday

8 – “Ugly Betty”
    9 – “Grey’s Anatomy”
    10 – “Life on Mars” (new drama)

Friday

8 – “Wife Swap”
    9 – “Supernanny”
    10 – “20/20”

Saturday

8 – “Saturday Night College Football”

Sunday

7 – “America’s Funniest Home Videos”
    8 – “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”
    9 – “Desperate Housewives”
    10 – “Brothers & Sisters”

That means Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday are mostly the same as last season. In the plum post- “Grey’s Anatomy” slot, the twisty time-travel storyline on “Mars” seems even more natural given the show it will temporarily replace: The twisty time-travel adventures of “Lost,” which is back in midseason.

Other returning series include "According to Jim" and ABC News' "Primetime: What Would You Do?"

Network announces its fall sked to advertisers at Lincoln Center’s Avery Fisher Hall on Tuesday afternoon.

• Advertisement

Updated list.

Returning:
    NBC: Chuck, 30 Rock, The Apprentice, The Biggest Loser, Dateline NBC, Deal or No Deal, ER, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Knight Rider, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Life, Lipstick Jungle, My Name is Earl, Medium, The Office, Sunday Night Football

ABC: Pushing Daisies, America's Funniest Home Videos, Boston Legal, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, Dirty Sexy Money, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Samantha Who?, Supernanny, Ugly Betty, Wife Swap, Eli Stone, Scrubs, According to Jim, The Bachelor, Primetime: What Would You Do?

CBS: The Amazing Race, The Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, NUMB3RS, Survivor, Two and a Half Men, Without a Trace, The New Adventures of Old Christine, The Unit, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement TBD

The CW: Reaper, America's Next Top Model, Everybody Hates Chris, The Game, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural, TBD

Fox: 24, American Idol, American Dad, Family Guy, Kitchen Nightmares, King of the Hill, Prison Break, The Simpsons, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'Til Death, Bones, Hell's Kitchen, House, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? TBD

Still in Limbo:
    CBS: Kid Nation, Shark, Power of 10

The CW: Beauty and the Geek, Farmer Wants a Wife, Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants, Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Fox: Next Great American Band, Unhitched, Don't Forget the Lyrics

Dead in the Water:
    NBC: 1 vs. 100, Amne$ia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Choirs, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenomenon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs (moving to ABC)

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, Cashmere Mafia, Miss Guided, Notes from the Underbelly, Oprah's Big Give, Here Come the Newlyweds, Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann

CBS: Moonlight, Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, TBD

The CW: Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, TBD

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James,

BTW "Boston Legal" is only getting a 13-episode season and it will be the show's final season. I doubt it's a coincidence that those 13 episodes will push it just past the 100-episode mark!

CW Official News and Schedule ...
    The CW is retaining its signature shows, but will infuse new blood with the previously confirmed " Beverly Hills, 90210" spinoff and Tyra Banks' "Stylista," in addition to "Surviving the Filthy Rich," which was added to the network's fall 2008 lineup at the Tuesday (May 13) announcement, which centered on serving an audience of young women.

Despite much tinkering throughout its sophomore season, The CW seems to have settled for at least three days of relatively unchanged programmming. Mondays still belongs to the dramas "Gossip Girl" -- the network's most buzzworthy show in its first season out -- and "One Tree Hill." Thursdays remains unchanged from its usual sci fi offerings of "Smallville" and "Supernatural."

Wednesdays has always belonged to "America's Next Top Model" and whatever reality show featuring aspiring burlesque dancers, beauty queens or farmer's wives that could be mustered up. This time around, The CW has stuck with a theme. Not only is the new show "Stylista" produced by Tyra Banks and Ken Mok, who are behind "Top Model," but it also follows the fashion reality competition theme.

"Stylista" offers 11 hopefuls the chance for a "Devil Wears Prada" experience, acting as the assistant to Elle magazine's Fashion News Director Anne Slowey. After they complete their tasks, Slowey will consult with the magazine's creative director Joe Zee to eliminate the competitors one by one. The final person standing wins a paid editorial position at the magazine, a paid lease on a great apartment in Manhattan, and a clothing allowance at H&M, all for one year, valued at $100,000.

Tuesdays will be brand new with the double punch of the "Beverly Hills, 90210" spinoff, titled simply "90210," and the new series "Surviving the Filthy Rich." The former will focus on three generations of a family that has just moved to Beverly Hills with the daughter and adopted son attending West Beverly High. Former "90210" alum Jennie Garth will reprise her role as Kelly Taylor, who is now a guidance counselor at her alma mater.

"Filthy Rich" -- previously known by the title "How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls" from the Alloy book on which it's based -- centers on Yale grad Megan Smith ("Reba's" JoAnna Garcia), an aspiring journalist who instead stumbles into becoming the live-in tutor for a cosmetic mogul's twin teen granddaughters Rose (Lucy Kate Hale) and Sage (Ashley Newbrough), rather rambunctious and rebellious teens. While enjoying the luxuries of Palm Beach, Megan also gets caught in a romantic quadrangle that includes the wealthy guy next door, who is dating her estranged sister, and her longtime pal Charlie, who is secretly in love with her.

Friday is apparently the new Sunday since The CW has filled the hours vacated by "WWE Friday Night Smackdown!" to fill it with returning comedies "Everybody Hates Chris" and "The Game," along with an encore presentation of "Top Model."

"With shows that everyone is talking about, from 'Gossip Girl' and 'America'' Next Top Model' to our upcoming '90210,' our new lineup has the best Monday-Friday schedule flow we have ever had at The CW," said Dawn Ostroff, the network's president of entertainment. "We are zeroed in on our target demo of young women 18-34 with both new and returning series, and each programming block provides a strong promotional platform for the following night. We're confident that the quality of our shows for the fall season will make The CW the destination for young women."

So that leaves the real Sunday open for yet to be announced programming by Media Rights Capital. MRC will create a three hour block consisting of two comedies and two dramas. No other details have been released at this time.

Finally, as previously announced, The CW renewed the fan favorite "Reaper" for a second season, which will return as a midseason filler of 13 episodes.

For those who are keeping track, that means that "CW Now," "Online Nation," "Life is Wild," "Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants," "Pussycat Dolls Presents," "Girlfriends,""WWE Friday Night Smackdown!," "Beauty and the Geek" and "Farmer Wants a Wife" have gone the way of the dodo.

The CW's new fall season will launch on Monday, Sept. 1.

THE CW's 2008-2009 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM GOSSIP GIRL
    9:00-10:00 PM ONE TREE HILL

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM 90210 (New Series)
    9:00-10:00 PM SURVIVING THE FILTHY RICH (New Series)

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL
    9:00-10:00 PM STYLISTA (New Series)

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM SMALLVILLE
    9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL

FRIDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS
    8:30-9:00 PM THE GAME
    9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL (Encore Presentation)

An awful lot of rumours going around that Life on Mars is to be recast. Some sources are saying that Jason O Mara will be the only original cast member kept on, while others are claiming that they want it recast entirely.

Getting rid of Colm Meaney as Gene Hunt? Nooooooooooooooo!

Couldn't have asked for better casting there. :(

Yep, seems like a terrible loss..... he would have been perfect.

It's hard to know just how true it is but tbh it would'nt be the least bit surprising if they hired some 21 year old underwear model in his place.

This is pretty much the final results so to speak. As surprising as this sounds, I'd like to see Unhitched get a secodn run. While mediocre as hell it's also perfect breakfast TV.

Returning:

ABC: Pushing Daisies, America's Funniest Home Videos, Boston Legal, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, Desperate Housewives, Dirty Sexy Money, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Samantha Who?, Supernanny, Ugly Betty, Wife Swap, Eli Stone, Scrubs, According to Jim, The Bachelor, Primetime: What Would You Do?

CBS: The Amazing Race, The Big Bang Theory, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, CSI: NY, Ghost Whisperer, NCIS, NUMB3RS, Survivor, Two and a Half Men, Without a Trace, The New Adventures of Old Christine, The Unit, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement TBD

The CW: Reaper, America's Next Top Model, Everybody Hates Chris, The Game, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural,

Fox: 24, American Idol, American Dad, Family Guy, Kitchen Nightmares, King of the Hill, Prison Break, The Simpsons, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 'Til Death, Bones, Hell's Kitchen, House, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?

In Limbo:
    CBS: Kid Nation, Power of 10

Fox: The Next Great American Band, Unhitched, Don't Forget the Lyrics

Cancelled:

ABC: Men in Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Women's Murder Club, Cashmere Mafia, Miss Guided, Notes from the Underbelly, Oprah's Big Give, Here Come the Newlyweds, Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann

CBS: Moonlight, Shark, Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, TBD

The CW: Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, Beauty and the Geek, Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants, Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious

Fox: Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James,

CBS Schedule released.... The Mentalist sounds like a complete rip-off of USA's Psych, and I don't like The Unit's new timeslot (Sunday at 10) - still glad its back though.
    CBS ANNOUNCES NEW 2008-2009 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

Five New Series Added: Two Comedies and Three Dramas

CBS Expands Comedy Lineup, Adding New Block on Wednesday 8:00-9:00 PM

Two New Dramatic Series to Launch Backed by "NCIS" and "CSI" Lead-Ins

New Series That Blends Comedy, Drama and Romance Joins Fridays Top-Rated Lineup

Eighteen Current Series Return to the Schedule

New Murder Mystery "Harper's Island" Ordered for Mid-Season

CBS announced today its 2008-2009 Fall Primetime Lineup, featuring five new series - two comedies and three dramas - and the launch of a new comedy block on Wednesdays.

The new series include ELEVENTH HOUR, a dramatic thriller from producer Jerry Bruckheimer about a special advisor to the government who investigates scientific crises and oddities; THE MENTALIST, starring Simon Baker as a former celebrity psychic-turned- detective who uses his gifted skills of observation and expertise at "reading" people to solve crimes; THE EX LIST, a sexy comedic drama about a 30-something woman who searches her past relationships to find her future husband; and the comedies PROJECT GARY, starring Jay Mohr and Paula Marshall as dueling ex-spouses and parents trying to move forward with new relationships; and WORST WEEK about a good guy who is always trying to do the right thing, yet something always goes wrong - especially when he's around his girlfriend's parents.

"We've been looking to expand our comedy lineup, and we now have the depth and development to make the move," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment. "Monday is already television's signature night for comedy and we think we can make the case that CBS is the signature network for comedy overall."

Added Tassler, "Our new dramas put a character twist on the highly successful procedural form with two exciting new leads in Simon Baker and Rufus Sewell. And, rounding out the new slate is a very unique series with a dynamic young actress (Elizabeth Reaser, "Grey's Anatomy") that blends comedy, drama and romance in a concept that will have everybody thinking about their personal 'ex list.' "

The freshman series will join 18 returning programs on the current CBS lineup.

CBS will return network television's Number One drama franchise - CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION; CSI: MIAMI, CSI: NY - the Number One comedy, TWO AND A HALF MEN; the Number One news magazine, 60 MINUTES; and two franchise reality series -SURVIVOR and the five-time Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE.

Also returning are: THE BIG BANG THEORY, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, NCIS, WITHOUT A TRACE, THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE, CRIMINAL MINDS, GHOST WHISPERER, NUMB3RS, COLD CASE, THE UNIT, 48 HOURS MYSTERY and CRIMETIME SATURDAY.

The new 2008-2009 schedule is:

On Monday, CBS adds a new comedy to television's top-rated comedy lineup. From 8:00-9:00 PM, the popular young adult comedy block of THE BIG BANG THEORY and HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER returns. Television's top comedy TWO AND A HALF MEN remains at 9:00 PM and serves as a lead-in for the new comedy WORST WEEK at 9:30 PM. CSI: MIAMI, the night's top scripted series, returns for its seventh season at 10:00 PM.

On Tuesday, NCIS opens the night at 8:00 PM and the hit drama WITHOUT A TRACE moves to 10:00 PM, creating a hammock position for the new drama THE MENTALIST at 9:00 PM.

On Wednesday, CBS opens a new night of comedy. The critically acclaimed THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE, starring Emmy Award winner Julia Louis-Dreyfus, starts the night at 8:00 PM, leading into the new comedy PROJECT GARY. The successful tandem of CRIMINAL MINDS and CSI: NY return from 9:00-11:00 PM.

On Thursday, CBS adds a new drama to television's most-watched night. SURVIVOR returns at 8:00 PM, where it continues to dominate its time period, followed by the night's highest-rated show, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, which provides a strong lead-in for the new suspenseful thriller ELEVENTH HOUR at 10:00 PM.

CBS adds a unique new series to its top-rated Friday. GHOST WHISPERER, starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, returns at 8:00 PM leading into another female-lead show, THE EX LIST, at 9:00 PM, capped by the night's highest rated scripted series NUMB3RS at 10:00 PM.

Saturdays will feature CBS's CRIMETIME programming from 8:00-10:00 PM, followed by 48 HOURS MYSTERY, the night's top-rated program.

On Sunday, the perennial Number One news magazine, 60 MINUTES, kicks off its 41st season at 7:00 PM, followed by the return of the five-time Emmy Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE at 8:00 PM. The successful crime drama COLD CASE remains at 9:00 PM and the action drama THE UNIT joins the night at 10:00 PM.

In addition to the new series for fall, the network announced the pick up of two programs for midseason. The new drama, HARPER'S ISLAND, is a murder mystery that unfolds as friends and family attend week-long festivities at a destination wedding on a secluded and picturesque island off the coast of Seattle, infamous for a homicidal maniac's rampage seven years ago. Also picked up for midseason is the comedy RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

CBS TELEVISON NETWORK

2008-2009 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

(N=New, NT=New Time, all times ET/PT)

MONDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
    8:30-9:00 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
    9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
    9:30-10:00 PM WORST WEEK (N)
    10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
    9:00-10:00 PM THE MENTALIST (N)
    10:00-11:00 PM WITHOUT A TRACE (NT)

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE (NT)
    8:30-9:00 PM PROJECT GARY (N)
    9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
    10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR
    9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
    10:00-11:00 PM ELEVENTH HOUR (N)

FRIDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM GHOST WHISPERER
    9:00-10:00 PM THE EX LIST (N)
    10:00-11:00 PM NUMB3RS

SATURDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY
    7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
    8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE
    9:00-10:00 PM COLD CASE
    10:00-11:00 PM THE UNIT (NT)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I heard that "Back to You" has been canceled - Episode 01.14 is the final one

And here is Fox's Press Release and schedule.
    (New series synopses can be found here (at bottom of page)
    FOX ANNOUNCES PRIMETIME SLATE FOR 2008-2009 SEASON

TWO NEW DRAMAS, THREE NEW COMEDIES AND ONE UNSCRIPTED SERIES JOIN SCHEDULE

HIGHLY ANTICIPATED J.J. ABRAMS DRAMA "FRINGE" ALONG WITH COMEDY "DO NOT DISTURB" (working title) DEBUT IN FALL

JOSS WHEDON'S "DOLLHOUSE" AND NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES "SECRET MILLIONAIRE" TO PREMIERE MIDSEASON

NEW ANIMATED COMEDIES "THE CLEVELAND SHOW" (working title) AND "SIT DOWN, SHUT UP" (working title) DEBUT IN SPRING

FOX Kicks Off Season Early With Special Two-Hour Premieres Week of August 25

New York (Thursday, May 15, 2008) Peter Liguori, Chairman, Entertainment; and Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company, today unveiled the FOX primetime schedule for the 2008-2009 television season speaking before the national advertising community at New York City Center.

"Broadcast television needs a jolt. We feel it's our responsibility, as the No. 1 network for the last four seasons, to provide that electricity," said Liguori. "The goal of our business is entertaining viewersthey're our lifeblood, and it's incumbent upon us to make sure their first and favorite entertainment destination is FOX."

Reilly added, "We're going to make plenty of noise and yet potentially have more stability and success than we've had historically in the fourth quarter. We'll be focused in the fall with two new series one comedy and one drama and then use our big assets in January to launch an even more powerful second season."

The new event drama premiering this fall is FRINGE, a fantastical thriller from acclaimed writer/producer J.J. Abrams ("Lost"), Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman ("Star Trek," "Mission: Impossible III," "Alias"). Joshua Jackson ("Dawson's Creek"), John Noble ("Lord of the Rings") and newcomer Anna Torv star as an unlikely trio who uncover a deadly mystery involving a series of unbelievable events and realize they may be a part of a larger, more disturbing pattern that blurs the line between science fiction and technology.

The new comedy slated for fall is DO NOT DISTURB (working title), an upstairs/downstairs workplace comedy starring Jerry O'Connell ("Crossing Jordan") and Niecy Nash ("Reno 911!") as the management team behind one the hottest and hippest hotels in New York City.

One additional drama and one unscripted series will launch in midseason. From Joss Whedon, creator of groundbreaking cult favorites "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Firefly," comes DOLLHOUSE, a gripping, high-action drama starring Eliza Dushku ("Tru Calling") as Echo, a member of an underground group of "Actives" who have their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas to carry out a variety of missions. The Actives don't just pretend to be new people they become new people, yet they are never aware they are actually pawns in someone else's game. SECRET MILLIONAIRE is a heart-warming new unscripted series that focuses on a different millionaire each week, who goes undercover to some of America's most disadvantaged areas in search of everyday heroes to possibly change their lives forever.

Two new animated comedies will also join the schedule in the spring. From the creators of FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD, comes THE CLEVELAND SHOW (working title), the story of what happens when FAMILY GUY's Cleveland Brown moves to Stoolbend, VA, to make good on a promise to his high school sweetheart. SIT DOWN, SHUT UP (working title), created by Emmy Award winner Mitchell Hurwitz ("Arrested Development"), follows a group of unconventional teachers and staff members working at a high school in a small northeastern fishing town who never lose sight of the fact that the students must ALWAYS come second.

FOX kicks off the new season with special two-hour premiere events the week of August 25 including: PRISON BREAK Monday, August 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); FRINGE Tuesday, August 26 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT); BONES Wednesday, August 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? Friday, August 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

FOX series returning in 2008-2009 include: 24, AMERICAN DAD, AMERICAN IDOL, AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK, ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, BONES, COPS, DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!, FAMILY GUY, HELL'S KITCHEN, HOUSE, KING OF THE HILL, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, MADtv, THE MOMENT OF TRUTH, PRISON BREAK, THE SIMPSONS, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, TALKSHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES and 'TIL DEATH.

Following are the FOX primetime schedule for 2008-2009 and synopses of the new series:

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2008
    (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES
    9:00-10:00 PM PRISON BREAK

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE
    9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM BONES
    9:00-9:30 PM 'TIL DEATH
    9:30-10:00 PM DO NOT DISTURB (wt)

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM THE MOMENT OF TRUTH
    9:00-10:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

FRIDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?
    9:00-10:00 PM DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!

SATURDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM COPS
    8:30-9:00 PM COPS
    9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK
    11:00 PM-Midnight MADtv
    Midnight-12:30 AM TALKSHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY
    7:00-8:00 PM THE OT (NFL post-game)
    8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
    8:30-9:00 PM KING OF THE HILL
    9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
    9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: BEGINNING JANUARY 2009
    (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM DOLLHOUSE
    9:00-10:00 PM 24

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL

WEDNESDAY
    9:00-9:30 PM AMERICAN IDOL Results Show
    9:30-10:00 PM TBA Comedy

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM HELL'S KITCHEN
    9:00-10:00 PM SECRET MILLIONAIRE

FRIDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM BONES
    9:00-9:30 PM 'TIL DEATH
    9:30-10:00 PM DO NOT DISTURB (wt)

SATURDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM COPS
    8:30-9:00 PM COPS
    9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK
    11:00 PM-Midnight MADtv
    Midnight-12:30 AM TALKSHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY
    7:00-7:30 PM COMEDY ENCORES
    7:30-8:00 PM COMEDY ENCORES
    8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
    8:30-9:00 PM KING OF THE HILL (January) / SIT DOWN, SHUT UP (wt) (spring)
    9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
    9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD (January) / THE CLEVELAND SHOW (wt) (spring)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

BTW "Boston Legal" is only getting a 13-episode season and it will be the show's final season. I doubt it's a coincidence that those 13 episodes will push it just past the 100-episode mark!
    That is not good. :(

TUESDAY
    Don't think 'Fringe' could've asked for a better timeslot.. if it fails in that timeslot, it was NEVER meant to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Any reason for Men in Trees getting cancelled? The other half is devastated by its loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I have to say Fringe sounds really interesting. *fingers crossed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Don't think 'Fringe' could've asked for a better timeslot.. if it fails in that timeslot, it was NEVER meant to be.

Have to ask, whats so bad about tuesday 9-10? let me guess some of those stupid reality shows american idol or pop idol or big brother ot something?

User45701 wrote: »
    Have to ask, whats so bad about tuesday 9-10? let me guess some of those stupid reality shows american idol or pop idol or big brother ot something?
    Ummm.. nothing! I think you may have misunderstood my comment. :confused:

I said "it couldn't have asked for a better timeslot" - as it'll get a good chunk of the viewers with a lead-in 'House'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Any reason for Men in Trees getting cancelled? The other half is devastated by its loss.
    Ratings I guess and moving timeslot too often. Story here.

Ummm.. nothing! I think you may have misunderstood my comment. :confused:

I said "it couldn't have asked for a better timeslot" - as it'll get a good chunk of the viewers with a lead-in 'House'

Soory i thought you where being sarcastic... or maybe im just getting confused

The Goode Family

I was looking forward to this from the description and after watching the trailer i dont know. Im still going to see is it any good but i thought the trailer would show something anything even the charactors voices so i know if i hate them or not but the familys dog story was funny
    they made the dog a vegan as wlel but the dog goes out hunting in the neibherhood because it craves meat so much

Life On Mars

I dont know about this one - ill watch but it seems very journeyman/life but i do like the fact the colm meaney is in it but where there not some roumered cast changes?

The 11th Hour

This could be good, trailer just shows once scene but if anyhting that epiosd ethat scene is taken from (assuming the pilot) definatly looks worth a watch.

Harpers Island

Hmm. i dont know. Will watch the first episode anyway

The Mentalist

Looks ok again ill give it a chance

surviving the filthy rich

Hmm... i dont expect greatness from it, i dont know if ill remember to watch it i might wait to see if any boardsies like it because im not expecting much.

Fringe

Ye i can see this one being good, even if the first episode is crap i will give this show a chance but one thing i was thinking as i watcched the trailer is that JJ loves his planes but i just watched one trailer 4 is too many im content to wait.

Doll House

As others have said not enough info in the trailer

Sit Down Shut Up

I think this will be a good one i enjoyed arrested devolepment and the laughter track for a cartoon will be interesting, i wonder if they will keep it.

The cleaveland Show

As i have said i will definatly watch it. i dont knowif i will keep watching it depends on quality, but it might be like american dad, not every episode is great but sometimes you get a cracker or some very very funny one liners.

The ones i expect nothing from

Project Garry
    Opertnity Knocks
    Worst Week
    Sylista
    Secret Millionare
    Do Not Disturb

• Advertisement
Advertisement