Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scopes

Options
  • 10-05-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Good scope on a budget??

here's a list of scopes I am looking at in my price range any suggestions as to the best value??
    *Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 sf
    *Pentax lightseeker 6-24x50
    *Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50
    *ANT 4-12x60
    *Burris Euro diamond 3-12x50
    *Barska swat 6-24x50
    *Any other suggestions $550

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Good scope on a budget??

here's a list of scopes I am looking at in my price range any suggestions as to the best value??
    *Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 sf
    *Pentax lightseeker 6-24x50
    *Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50
    *ANT 4-12x60
    *Burris Euro diamond 3-12x50
    *Barska swat 6-24x50
    *Any other suggestions $550

i was shooting a lads 308 with a nikon monarch the last day and was well impressed with the scope, thats my 2 cents worth;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Out of that list my choice would be between Nikon, Pentax and ATN. It probably isn't a bad idea having a look at the Zeiss Conquest series either. A fair few of them would come in well below 550 dollar and they're extremely good quality for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

A question that may help others help you, what will you be using the scope for? And on what calibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

It's for my .223, which has been used for foxing till now but since she is a bit of a tack driver I'm thinking of using her for targets out to 400mts. the conquest is that only available with a magnifing retc.

As far as I can see in mine ( the basic 3-9x40 ) the crosshairs stay the same through magnification changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Meathstieve , where'd you purchase, and is the quality up to their rep??
    also bushnell elite 3200/4200 or burris black diamond???
    Chioces- chioces- chioces

At www.theriflescopestore.com for around 440 dollar, had to pay 25 dollar for shipping and the taxman got a wee bit of commision as well.

Mail or ring them first as I don't know if they still ship to Ireland. When I bought mine I rang them and Scott ( owner ) told me to go with the Zeiss instead of a Bushnell Elite or a Burris.

The clarity of the optics is second to none and even for a small diameter tube and lens the light transfer in semi-dark and lamping is impressive. As for adjustments the clicks are exactly what they're supposed to be 1/4" at 100 yrds and once you have it sighted in properly I feel it holds it's zero very well. Mind you, mine is mounted on a .22 hornet so I can't really say what it will do on heavier calibers but I can't see it giving trouble to be honest.

Advertisement