Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much does it cost for just a used xbox 360?

• 10-05-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone know? looking for just the console itself if possible.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Well you can get the arcade console new for 199.99 (xbox,wireless controller,memory card)

I wouldnt go for a used xbox because people tend to trade in their xbox when

1.They think its about to die
    2.The xbox could be old so people trade it in for an elite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, the savings will be minimal and they're not exactly expensive at the moment to buy new. Go for a new one instead if at all possible, it'd suck to get a second hand non falcon core model and have it die on you a couple of days later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

1. Try and find out if the console has been registered already with ms support, you`ll might have trouble getting it repaired if it is.

2. I think game and gamestop do warrantys on preowned consoles for a year, might be worth the extra going with them over some random guy in buy and sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

ageary08 wrote: »
    1. Try and find out if the console has been registered already with ms support, you`ll might have trouble getting it repaired if it is.

2. I think game and gamestop do warrantys on preowned consoles for a year, might be worth the extra going with them over some random guy in buy and sell.

on 2 I imagine its a 6 month warranty on a used good. Ask at the counter if purchasing.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my current 360 for an Elite if your interested man. I've had a few freezes and a couple of scratched discs by my 360 but I don't think that's anything unusual for 360's.

Thinking of trading because my Hard Drive is full again and the noise of the fan annoys me so I want to move to the elite because its supposed to be quieter and I want a HDMI port instead of a VGA port used on my TV so I can hook laptops up to it easier and have a 32" monitor :D

I got it for my birthday around the 2nd Feb last year and its a premium. Just mentioning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

brim4brim wrote: »
    I've had a few freezes and a couple of scratched discs by my 360 but I don't think that's anything unusual for 360's.

Freezing is a symptopm of overheating and scratched discs are a symptom of a borked dvd drive. Neither of which would be too desirable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Had a peep in game today, a second hand core is 164.99, while a new arcade is 200 euro, bearing in mind you get a memory card, some arcade and wireless controller (over some old scutty wired controller with the second hand no doubt) its probably worth forking over for a new arcade. I think all arcades come with hdmi connections too, which is a big plus if you have a nice hd tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Freezing is a symptopm of overheating and scratched discs are a symptom of a borked dvd drive. Neither of which would be too desirable

Suppose I'd better trade it before it goes t*ts up so :mad:

I asked in my own thread but I'll throw it in here too, does anyone know if game accept trade ins on 360's and what the offer is as its closer than the nearest gamestop to me.

Advertisement