Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is Vigilante in IV?

• 10-05-2008 7:54pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Vigilante has always been one of my fav parts of GTA so I'm wondering how it holds up this time 'round?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I think its quality in this one, you get a choice of 3 crimes to go for, the gang drug dealing ones are my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Theres also a most wanted list.

Finished the game and did'nt come across this, is it like the older ones where you needa cop car and press one of the analogues or something?

I remember some character mentioning something over the phone but it was'nt something that stuck

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

FFS.

Just got the RROD playing HL2: episode 2.

Bugger. GTA IV should be coming through me letterbox on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Finished the game and did'nt come across this, is it like the older ones where you needa cop car and press one of the analogues or something?

Nah, you access the in-car computer by pressing LB (360) and go to "View Current Crimes", you then choose the crime, they give you one or two mins to get to the crime, then just kill them criminals:D Fun:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What, a game that rewards you for hunting down criminals? Surely Jack Thompson must be informed about this! :pac:

Oh how I wish GTA IV was out on the PC now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I played the vigilante missions until
    I got the message- "You are now a vigilante".
    But I didn't seem to be given anything for it... pff, a cop uniform would have been nice, or free armor, but I don't seem to have gotten jack sh/t. (maybe just % overall completion, but who cares about that?)
    And what about the ambulance missions? I liked those. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

when trying to use the cop car computer all that happens is i start to shoot out the window... am i pressing the right button??? (btw im using the classic controls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

You need to be stopped, then press it ;)

They're much better in IV IMO, they were a bit unrealistic in the previous games. Press R3 and suddenly you're a copper...I miss the normal taxi missions though, they were fun :( Roman's taxi missions just aren't the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I miss the normal taxi missions though, they were fun :( Roman's taxi missions just aren't the same...
    Yah, roman's taxi missions are a little bit more serious than previous taxi missions in the other GTA's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Has anyone found a use for the search criminals option on the police computer, other than when it's required in that one mission?

I tried Carl Johnson and that, but no luck. That woulda been a nice touch.

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a use for the search criminals option on the police computer, other than when it's required in that one mission?

I tried Carl Johnson and that, but no luck. That woulda been a nice touch.

Nah it's not used as much as was stated in the reviews, sounded really cool in the reviews, i even taugh i heard it mentioned you could upload pictures from your phone?.

In the next edition i'd like a more relistic world where your not told EXACTLY what to do(in full), let people make there own decisions, akin to Hitman, just next-gen aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

when ya see it going through all the names try putting one of those into it and youll get a crim ;)

try sergi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I played the vigilante missions until
    I got the message- "You are now a vigilante".
    But I didn't seem to be given anything for it... pff, a cop uniform would have been nice, or free armor, but I don't seem to have gotten jack sh/t. (maybe just % overall completion, but who cares about that?)
    And what about the ambulance missions? I liked those. :/

Indeed. there appears to be bog all in the line of reward for vigilante missions/most wanted. the % completion thing is a load of arse...

Advertisement