Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casey's of Baltimore

Options
  • 10-05-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever stayed here and if so, what did they think of the place?

Looking at a weekend away late Aug for me & wife and this place looks just the ticket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

At a wedding there recently, Staff are friendly, food is good and only a ten minute stroll from the village, Glebe house cafe next door is good for lunch and a stroll round the gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Has anyone ever stayed here and if so, what did they think of the place?

Looking at a weekend away late Aug for me & wife and this place looks just the ticket

Brother stayed there a few months ago. Good report. I've had a few meals there - seems to be where the locals will go - couple of pretentious overpriced places in the village. Watch out if walking back to Casey's in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

cbreeze wrote: »
    Watch out if walking back to Casey's in the dark.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'd say it's a good place to stay, restaurant is alright, the food is a bit greasy for my liking and the atmosphere is non-existent. Prices are average for the area - roughly the same as Rolf's, cheaper than Chez Youen, more expensive than the Jolie Brise/Jacob's Bar (which does amazing pizza). The bar is decent though, the staff are usually nice and the owners are sound.

Only reason I can think of for being careful walking back is that the road to Baltimore is twisty and has no pavement at some points, there's one corner that's a bit hairy. I've never heard of anyone actually getting into an accident there though.

Advertisement