Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream or did it actually happen?

• 10-05-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

This is nothing major, it's just, last night I was convinced something was crawling in my bed so I kept hitting the sheets where I saw it go in, then I sat up and hesitated before going back to sleep. Looking back at it, the part where I was hitting my sheets felt like a dream, but I'm almost certain I was sitting up. What was going on? I mean I haven't sleep-walked since I was a child, or jumped up in bed. It's really freaking me out.

PS. There wasn't anything in my bed...I hope!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

You may have been dreaming, or you could have been half asleep and you could have actually sat up and hitb the covers, but sreamt that there was something actually there. Sometimes people are only half-conscious when they've woken up, a friend of mine is like that, sometimes I ring her and she answers the phone but will be talking absoloute gibberish to me... its very funny but can get annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ozone08

It might have been a hallucination. A hypnagogic hallucination is the type of hallucination that can occur when waking up and a hypnopompic hallucination is the type of hallucination that can occur when falling asleep. These are considered normal enough, but I would be concerned if it happened as a side effect of medication, such as an antidepressant.

Advertisement