Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks you like/don't like in GTA

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got it yesterday and played for a bit.

Dislikes:
    1. The software upgrade and loading for the first time playing. I get the game, excited about playing it, then have to wait for the game to load like its a Comodore64.
    2. Camera angle on driving. There has been alot of detail put into the back of cars so that's obviously why you are looking at the back of the car that you are driving and nothing else.

That's all so far. But, loading shouldnt be a problem anymore and i'll probably get used to the camera angle.

PEACE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 dms182

Lone Stone wrote: »
    There is one thing that has started to really anoy me
    Your walking along and flip the camera behind you to
    try find a car or what ever there is nothing there !
    then you flip it around again and there's a crap load of traffic !:confused:

Yeah noticed that too.. Also when your driving at pace, (let's say over a birdge) an ders no cars in front of you AT ALL.. If you look back, den forward, suddendly out of nowhere the whole road is back up!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Kindcurls you are an inconsiderate fcuk. Thanks for ruining part of the plot you complete idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

^^^ heartbroken!

I hate the way when you use cover he doesnt move intelligently, like if youre being shot at from a certain angle Niko wont move to the side where he cant be shot at unless its the nearest to you, so sometimes you end up being shot in the back once you go for cover... then getting out of that position can be diffucult aswell because the camera movement.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Not sure if you know but the back button on the xbox joypad changes the cam angle and you can turn off handbrake cam which gives you a better view of corners...

I just finished the main story last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The final mission is tough but excellent.

I loved the city - perfect size, you could be anywhere in a couple of minutes but it was big enough to keep you entertained.

My only two main gripes are:
    The mobile phone screen, difficult to read unless its pitch dark in the room you're playing. Had to move up close sometimes to read it.
    The targetting system. When I kill someone it sticks to their dead body. I found I had to release the left trigger and press again to target someone new.

Otherwise - up there with the best I've ever played.

There's a bunch of other stuff I could talk about in relation to the missions but I don't want to ruin it and I can't be arsed with a million spoiler tags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My only two main gripes are:
    The mobile phone screen, difficult to read unless its pitch dark in the room you're playing. Had to move up close sometimes to read it.

Did you change the text size in the phone options? If its the colour that's a problem just buy a new theme.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I changed the theme but when you go into a text it always defaults to black screen with beige text.

I don't have a HDTV so perhaps its the low res that makes it hard to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Aye im the same, SDTV. Its a bit headwrecking. Might try and increase the text size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

On standard def you'll find some text hard to read in various games. Remember Dead Rising had that problem, but then I got a HDTV so hasn't bothered me since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Glydeside white

Likes. The phone
    The sheer detail in the ggame.
    The beilevable and brilliant cut scenes

Dislikes. The revving of cars sounds annoying after a while,
    The way everyone is on voicemail when you call them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dislikes: Elizabetha.(And she is gone now homie!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I can think of two characters that are instantly more dislikeable that Elizabetha. Manny, and X. I never liked Elizabetha, but thought she was a good character (not in the good/evil way), while the other two were annoying, and characterless respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

seems to me that the problems that people have with the game are the most realistic things in the game, like firing a gun and police come after you how can you complain, i haven't played it but it sounds unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

forbesii wrote: »
    Kindcurls you are an inconsiderate fcuk. Thanks for ruining part of the plot you complete idiot.

A tad harsh i thought...didnt know there was spoiler tags
    but your outburst has been duely noted as an overreaction its a teeny tiny piece of info about the game which has SPOILER
    little or no consequence to the games plot in any way as she doesnt really feature after it
    but if you have paid all that money for the game and i have spoiled it all for you now because of that....well to be honest im not sorry because you were a tad rude..to the previous chap giving out..i apologise i now see the spoiler tag.....now....when the flying monkey troup come into the storyline thats when i decided to trade in GTA

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kingcurls

Dislikes: Elizabetha.(And she is gone now homie!!!)

SPOILER POLICE -> THIS IS A SPOILER

sorry im just bitter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Dislikes:

The missions are so repetitive. It's just basically either shooting your way out of a building against about 30 guys or chasing somone down in a car & killing them.

WTF did they get rid of the chainsaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Like:
    Brucie, quite simply the BEST character I have ever seen in a video game ever. I feel juiced just chilling with him

Dislike:
    The sound calibration in the car, reving is much too loud, particularly when you have your TV turned up because the Xbox is too loud

The crapness of the music. Very poor tunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Like:
    The whole living breathing city at the otherside of your joypad,Romans taxi driver ........ "you Dog lover !"

Dislike:
    As a Gta fan i'd be hard pushed to find something to dislike ..... If pushed i'd say the ingame radio/music is a bit like listening to Belfast Citybeat with a hangover ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I like pretty much all of it, but it's just so similar to the rest that I'm finding it really difficult to get into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I like everything apart from the way cops are everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nailz wrote: »
    I like everything apart from the way cops are everywhere.
    The whole point of the new cops is that they aren't everywhere :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I just noticed last night that every time Little Jacob gets into the car, smoke pours out of all the windows! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

chamlis wrote: »
    I just noticed last night that every time Little Jacob gets into the car, smoke pours out of all the windows! :D:D

He throws a butt out the window every so often too. Love all the little touches like that. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    The whole point of the new cops is that they aren't everywhere :confused:
    O rly? Well it doesn't seem like that!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is anyone else milling through their cash. I already earned the $250,000 and fair few other quid, yet i'm down to about $20,000 as the cost of stocking up on ammo for a mission is quite costly.

Ye RPG's are costing me a fortune..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Like: the game in general

Dislike: The Phone

Flying out of windows

Shooting a bullet or killing someone, when theres no police around and yet you automatically get a star

scenery is a bit repetitive

No planes, parashutes or jetpacks

limited amount of money ie no betting

guns and grenades are a bit too realistic and there isnt enough of them

constantly pushing up the anolgue while drive

Friends constanly ringing you

Never been able to date the people on love meet and then kill then. lets face it, it'd be great craic

Nikos movement. have to push A to run, too slow going down stairs. jumps too slow and falls out of cars too slow

And last but definately not least Hotwiring a car, it gets so annoying

it looks bad but there only minor things really and ive grown to love the driving alothough im still not mad on the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

Stephen wrote: »
    There's no military in GTA4

+1, i used to love trying to sneak into the bases and steel a tank or a milatary chopper, espically in vice city, the base in that game was animal

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Following up on some of what's been posted, I think the main dislikes for me have already been highlighted:

Car Chase cam - doesn't work well enough. I have kinda adapted to the way I want it now by moving my thumb on the right analog stick, but as someone mentioned, it should be "lockable" in the position you want. Wouldn't take too much to put in a "camera calibration" section to the options where those of us who demand viewing perfection could spend a half hour setting it up for walking, car, helicopter, cover etc. ;)

Moving into cover - a really nice (and over due) touch, but it's not quite there yet. Nico will attach himself to an angled edge to something and ends up being twice as vunerable which causes much cursing as it's not that easy to take him out of "cover" mode and he'll keep jumping to something else if he's in a cluttered area.

Targeting - I miss having the ability to cycle through targets with the click of a button - it meant that you could get away with not having cover in the early games as a few rapid shots to temporarily throw your enemies resulted in you being able to take on 5 or 6 guys in a stand-up fire fight and an automatic weapon.

However as mentioned in another thread, remember the differences between GTA 3 and Vice City + San Andreas were quite astounding so I'll definitely be looking forward to the next one to see what they've done to improve and what they've added.

The phone adds a lot to it. And to all who complain about doing something illegal when there're no cops around and still getting a star, it's because the citizens of Liberty City all have phones and some will dial 911...

The City. I think it's been created very well and with considerable thought to both looking awesome and giving you a spectacular play ground :)

Nico. He's a really good character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Good thread. Agreed on the military alright. For me Nico is the best GTA character yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement