Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best direction for balcony

Options
  • 10-05-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

sorry guys my direction sense is very poor.
    Which direction is best for balcony of an aprtment for sun..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

South facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Alternatively go for south west or west - that way you get the sun in the evening, without the place being overly hot during summer days.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jamar

Morning sun can wake you up - not always a good thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Jamar wrote: »
    Morning sun can wake you up - not always a good thing...
    Especially with a north facing bedroom. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The sun shouldn't be the only deciding factor- there could be local amenities- for example a river, a weir, a wood, an open green area- which could be very pleasant, but not necessarily sun reliant.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

You definatly want the sun on your balcony IMO. I had an apartment and the sun didnt come on the balcony at all, well except for early morning which wasnt much use. Its lovely to have it coming down, you can sit out and have your lunch, a drink, read the paper whatever.....used to drive me mad seeing everyone out on their balcony and poor me in the shade :(

Advertisement