Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taoiseach Homecoming

• 10-05-2008 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Someone will have to brief the Cowam daughters on how to behave when in public view. On nthe clip shown on RTE news tonight, the eldest daughter spend all her type fixing her dress and arranging her hair, daughter no.2 seemed to be pulling faces...hilarious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

As long as they don't write some crappy chick lit that gets turned into a movie, they're alright with me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are they hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

javaboy wrote: »
    As long as they don't write some crappy chick lit that gets turned into a movie, they're alright with me.

+1

They sound like normal kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

are they hot?

Well? Anyone know? Answer our resident stalker for god sake!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

They are young :confused:

• Advertisement

I subscribe to the fritzel school of sexual relations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Don't formally know it but I have a fair idea what they preach :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Don't we all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Sounds like they may be normal... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

Ah come on, have ya seen theyre aul boy? The only reason I would, and I say I would, even though I haven't seen them, is so that I could stand the slightest chance of giving their father a slap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Intellect? Not so much.

One of Cowens daughters is 17/18 and ye shes good looking, see front page of the IT after Budget 08.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Don't know whether the wife had them by an affair but the kids are not ugly like Papa Cowen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ROFL as Im watching this movie right now!

Ye i mean id say Ms.Ahern is really kicking herself for making a very successful career as an author.... I mean what an awful reason for disliking someone, for being successful.

the backstreet boys were successfull, doesn't mean they weren't cockless, mindless ****es.

Well they defenitely werent Mindless and Id say theres lots of Women out there who can vouch that they werent Cockless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

KERPAL wrote: »
    Well they defenitely werent Mindless and Id say theres lots of Women out there who can vouch that they werent Cockless.
    A couple of men too, i should imagine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The Cowan's eldest daughter is 17, and good looking (gwan mord), younger one is about 10-12 I'd guess.

So they're acting their age.. whats the problem?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A couple of men too, i should imagine...
    :D

Ye i mean id say Ms.Ahern is really kicking herself for making a very successful career as an author.... I mean what an awful reason for disliking someone, for being successful.

I didn't say I didn't like her for being successful. Daniel O'Donnell's successful. Am I not allowed dislike him?

• Advertisement

You said aslong as cowens daughter didnt write chick flicks etc etc etc. shes ok, implying you dislike Aherns successes?
    If you said you didnt like her because she isnt a nice person fair enough.

why can't we not like her because chick flicks are ****e?

Not a great reason. And they obviously arent ****e if they have made as much money as they have.

and we return to the backstreet boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Not a great reason. And they obviously arent ****e if they have made as much money as they have.
    Celia, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Jeysus, that home coming in Tullamore and Clara was embarrassing. Very parochial and rural, i expect there was lots of sweaty farmers in Offaly GAA tops. Why do people always think their area/parish/community should benefit exceptionally because a political leader comes from there. Shudder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

They're talented because they're popular? Worse. Argument. Ever.

Get your grammar right.
    If they can become that popular, then yes, they must be talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Get your grammar right.
    Or able to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

• Advertisement

Ye well if thats the case then why not.
    Capitalise

You said aslong as cowens daughter didnt write chick flicks etc etc etc. shes ok, implying you dislike Aherns successes?
    If you said you didnt like her because she isnt a nice person fair enough.

Actually that's what you chose to infer from what I said. It's not what I was implying. I don't dislike her success. I wish I was that successful but that doesn't mean I have to like what she does.

You seem to be just looking for an argument here. I don't like chick lit or chick flicks. I wish there was less of it around. I would be happier if Cowen's daughters don't end up writing chick lit. End of story.

*sigh*

people like you are the reason jesus hasn't come back yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Ye well if thats the case then why not.
    Capitalise

Ah, phew! I thought you were suggesting she was a talented writer but you are instead saying she is talented at profiting from her situation.

I don't particularly admire that skill but wont deny its usefulness.

*sigh*

people like you are the reason jesus hasn't come back yet

Can I steal that for my sig/t-shirt?

Ba-dring-dring-ring-dring. Baaaa-dring-be-da-be-da baring bbbbbbbdring!

Crazy Frog's inventor must have been super talented. Look how popular that was :pac:

To a lesser extent, Ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone!

Now where's my rolleyes when I need it?

• Advertisement

I never mentioned the word talent before you or some other chap brought it up.
    Crazy Frog, Ahern, Backstreet boys may not be talented in Music producing, writing, and singing but what they are talented in is taking advantage of a market and profiting in the way millions of us would dream of!

I never mentioned the word talent before you or some other chap brought it up.
    Crazy Frog, Ahern, Backstreet boys may not be talented in Music producing, writing, and singing but what they are talented in is taking advantage of a market and profiting in the way millions of us would dream of!

So do you like Crazy Frog's inventor?

Ye, i admire him for taking such an awful product and selling it, alot of it.

I admire him too for the same reason but I don't like him. For me there's a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

and you think everyone else should too? :confused:

Sorry you don't make any sense, some people don't value that as much as you do obviously and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Personally I don't admire them for making an awful product and selling a lot of it. I would have admired them if they made an excellent product and sold a lot of it. There are enough people that have done that to admire that I need to admire bottom feeders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

are they hot?

the youngest looks about 10 but how hot the older girl is depends on yourself really, 7th photo down from the top here, standing next to her dad

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?src=quick&contractUrl=1&family=images&phrase=brian%20cowen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

I'd give her the glistening bell!!!

What the fook is Mary wearing,cycling knicks??:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And then topdeck in Brian's private bathroom?

brim4brim wrote: »
    and you think everyone else should too? :confused:

Sorry you don't make any sense, some people don't value that as much as you do obviously and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Personally I don't admire them for making an awful product and selling a lot of it. I would have admired them if they made an excellent product and sold a lot of it. There are enough people that have done that to admire that I need to admire bottom feeders.

No noone else should, its upto them.
    Im entitling myself to my opinion, im not saying anyone is right or wrong. get ur facts right.

caoibhin wrote: »
    Why do people always think their area/parish/community should benefit exceptionally because a political leader comes from there. Shudder.

Because that's what happens. In Kerry, when Dick Spring had some little bit of power, money was thrown at North Kerry on nonsense projects like the Jeannie Johnson, Ireland's biggest toilet...the Aquadome, even a flaming windmill. Jobs for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kreuzberger

Get your grammar right.

that would make nadia from Big Brother or some other reality tv person i want to set fire to immensely talented . Therefore it cannot be true . Chewing gum is popular also , as is scratching ones hole .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

In Kerry, when Dick Spring had some little bit of power, money was thrown at North Kerry on nonsense projects like the Jeannie Johnson, Ireland's biggest toilet...the Aquadome, even a flaming windmill. Jobs for the boys.
    Not forgetting Farenfore airport.

At least Bertie had sense-enough to play down the 'Parish-Pump' aspect of Irish politics.

The sight of Biffo's homecoming on the back of a Hi-ace pickup then proceeding to have a sing-song to much yahooing and waving of TK-bottles was cringe-making at least.

All this for a Taoiseach who pays himself 300K more than the President of the United States of America. It would be like Bush coming back to his hometown in Texas in full Gaucho costume and twirling a lasso.

It's on days like that I suddenly find myself almost agreeing with Unionists.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kreuzberger

so eh..youve attended a lot of unionist political ralaies then . Found them ..erm..cosmpolitan affairs ? I think youll find nobody does culchie more enthusiastically than northern unionists , except with hymns and accordians .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If I had to pose with Brian Cowen, meaning that everyone knew we were related, then I would be fidgeting too.

As for Bertie's daughter, I've never in my life wanted to leave the cinema less than 5 minutes after the film started until her film came out. It was awful, and I've heard the book is worse.

But if I could make money out of writing crap, I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Not forgetting Farenfore airport.

At least Bertie had sense-enough to play down the 'Parish-Pump' aspect of Irish politics.

The sight of Biffo's homecoming on the back of a Hi-ace pickup then proceeding to have a sing-song to much yahooing and waving of TK-bottles was cringe-making at least.

All this for a Taoiseach who pays himself 300K more than the President of the United States of America. It would be like Bush coming back to his hometown in Texas in full Gaucho costume and twirling a lasso.

What about Bertie having a few scoops with the joe soaps after he resigned, also cringworthy imo. What's good for the goose...

• Advertisement
Advertisement