Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtrema 2

Options
  • 10-05-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

What are my chances of getting a magazine extension
    for an xtrema 2 from the states?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Slim

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

I found one here
    http://www.surecycle.com
    they will ship to Ireland, just
    wondering if it will make it through?
    What do you think lads is it worth a try?
    Cheers.

Generally american companies won't ship that kind of stuff overseas due to their laws. :(

Got an email from them they'll will ship, i'm worried about this side of things.
    What i mean is, will it be legal to have it?
    Cheers.

It will/would make you're shotgun "restricted" under the new regs, if they ever come in.

I presume you have a licence for the gun you're getting it for therefore, IMHO no prob at this end. They might want import duty and VAT though if it gets inspected by customs.

• Advertisement

Cheers Bunny.

Remember, I ain't an expert on the law :D :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

Why would you need an extension with six more shots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

" Firepower is one hit, not 100 misses " Col Cooper

;)

I dont want six more shots as it is i only use three,i just think because its such a big gun it looks better with the extension,more balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 a4775

i have seen mag extensions for xtremas in shops here in ireland
    they are ordered in specially for beretta

i dont think there are restrictions on magazine size, you can get maverick pump actiosn with 8 shot magazines
    your just not allowed to put 8 shots in them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

As of the implementation of the proposed Restricted List, however, shotguns with a magazine capacity of more than two will be deemed restricted. Not sure what effect this will have, but your application will go through a subordinate designated by the commissioner, of higher rank than your local Super. Probably means nothing, ultimately, but you still won't be able to use it for game as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

boc121 wrote: »
    I dont want six more shots as it is i only use three,i just think because its such a big gun it looks better with the extension,more balanced.

It might look cool, but it would make the gun quite muzzle heavy while fully laden. you would be required to adjust your swing constantly, appling more or less force depending on weight and speed. Not worth the effort for hunting purposes IMHO.

Hezz:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I will also bail in and say the Xtrema 2 is not the best handling semi anyway so doing this, while handy for hide shooting and informal clays, might as Hezz points out ruin your shooting.

More power to you if you still want it though, I am a firm believer if you want something and its legal feck what eveyone else thinks.

It arrived on friday put it on yesterday.
    Tried it out with full load and the extra weight
    does make a difference to handling but as i said
    before i wont be using the extra capacity.
    It does look a lot better so im happy.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

cool, glad you like it

You'll have to get about 10 clay traps set them up and see can you hit all the clays :D

Well ware.

We'll be expecting Tom Knapp type performances from you now;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 geoseeker

boc121 wrote: »
    It arrived on friday put it on yesterday.
    Tried it out with full load and the extra weight
    does make a difference to handling but as i said
    before i wont be using the extra capacity.
    It does look a lot better so im happy.
    Cheers.

Good luck with it boc121 ;)- I've been thinking of getting an extension myself probably just a two or three max cap, as my barrel is a 26" so would not want it protruding beyond the barrel, the only thing holding me back is they do not come in real-tree hardwood to match my gun - yet!:(
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You can make an excellent fake mag extension with the cardboard from a toilet roll and some black spray paint. Add a scope made from a further tube with bits of egg box for the eyepiece and some pipe cleaners for a reticle and you're sorted.
    Remember to get an adult to help you with the scissors :p.

Next week we'll be making a pigeon out of clay.

Enjoy your purchase :).

kowloon wrote: »
    You can make an excellent fake mag extension with the cardboard from a toilet roll and some black spray paint. Add a scope made from a further tube with bits of egg box for the eyepiece and some pipe cleaners for a reticle and you're sorted.
    Remember to get an adult to help you with the scissors :p.

Next week we'll be making a pigeon out of clay.

Enjoy your purchase :).

Hello Mary Fitzgerald, i often wodered were you have been all these years:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

Semi autos are in the resticted category and only max of 3 rounds. with the extension itd be illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Under legislation as it stands today a semi-auto shotgun is a semi-auto shotgun. When you start running into trouble with a loading capacity of more than 3 rounds is for hunting purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's because the SI containing the restricted list hasn't been commenced yet. When it is, the extension will indeed put it on the list; but it won't be illegal, just restricted, meaning more hoops to jump through to get a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

god I've a Beretta extrema and can fit 6 shell as it is how many can you fit with extension ??

god I've a Beretta extrema and can fit 6 shell as it is how many can you fit with extension ??

11 and 1 in the chamber.
    By the way you have a pm.

Advertisement