Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby in Galway

Options
  • 10-05-2008 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about the tag rugby setup in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

there are two organisations operating in galway the original ITRA (Irish Tag Rugby Association) and an IRFU version. The ITRA play in St Marys and in Mervue - you can check out their website at www.tagrugby.ie. The summer seasons gets going in about 3 weeks time. Also look out for the beach festivals in Connemara which are good craic. The IRFU version play in Corinthians and, as of this year, in Dangan (where the ITRA played previously). Don't know much more than that about the IRFU version. hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Anybody need a player for the IRFU tag in Daingean then give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Anybody need a player for the IRFU tag in Daingean then give me a shout.

it would probably help if you clarified weather you're a dude or a chick, as there's quotas for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

I'm a man (clue is in the name). Never played tag rugby before, played touch rugby and the real deal to a decent standard for years before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

im a man! 22 looking for tag team. if your looking for 1 or more people for team let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 molly10

Hi Verbal
    I am organising the IRFU Tag rugby at Dangan.
    If you wish i can fix you up with a team, contact me at emolloy@cbirfu.com
    Eamonn Molloy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 allyc

:)Hey! Anyone interested in joining a beginners tag team or is there any team that needs 2/3 new girls? We know its late put trying to join/put together a team for the summer league by the end of this week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

ally have you joined a team yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

Allyc / Verbal

I'm putting together a team for thursday beginners league in Dangan.
    Were short a few players so let me know asap if ye are interested. Mainly need a few ladies 2-3 at least.

PS. the company i work for are going to pay the registration, so if ye get back to me soon ye'll have free tag rugby for the season!!

PM me for details

Paraic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 allyc

hey! Actually we just signed up for a team last nite wit d volvic tag in galway... ya never know we might play ye some time!! Thanks tho guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Heya,

Just wondering about tag rugby. does the season finish in august or is there tag rugby on in winter?

Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Just join Corinthians for real!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

im a man! 22 looking for tag team. if your looking for 1 or more people for team let me know.
    i ignored the context of the thread title when i read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

sinorita wrote: »
    Heya,

Just wondering about tag rugby. does the season finish in august or is there tag rugby on in winter?

Thanks ;)

I don't think there's any during the winter sinorita. There's spring and summer leagues so i think it probably kicks off around February or March again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

There was an autumn league there for 8 teams, nothing official, but it just ended. The only winter leagues are in Dublin and Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

DRakE wrote: »
    i ignored the context of the thread title when i read this.

...looking for fun, friendship, and OBVIOUSLY more xxx

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sinorita

Drift wrote: »
    I don't think there's any during the winter sinorita. There's spring and summer leagues so i think it probably kicks off around February or March again.

Thanks for reply. Must find another activity to keep me goin!! Does anyone know about the NUIG sports clubs? Do you have to strictly be a student to join or what's the story?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 superwoman1234

Hi,

I am wondering is any team looking for 2 girls- beginners for tag rugby in marys??

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 superwoman1234

hi,
    anyone looking 4 2 girls 4 a team?? beginners. Havent played before but would love ta start

:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement