Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limewire message help

• 10-05-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Hey, uninstalled Limewire but I keep getting this message popping up every so often on the desktop saying that during its installation one of the files was corrupted...

LimeWire version 4.17.9
    Java version 1.6.0_05 from Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Windows Vista v. 6.0 on x86
    Free/total memory: 32279856/33357824

com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader$StartupFailedException: .\lib\hashes (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.sanityCheck(GUILoader.java:281)
    at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.GUILoader.load(GUILoader.java:58)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.Main.main(Main.java:45)

STARTUP ERROR!

any help on how to get rid of it? It says to reinstall Limewire again and contact the Support forum, but why can't I just be rid of the goddam thing? Why all the fuss? Grr!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

actually found a thread on the very same problem http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055251894&highlight=limewire

can I follow this thread verbatim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Did it uninstal ok as far as Windows is concerned i.e. did you get the Uninstal Complete (or similar) message ? If so , sounds like a good registry clean is in order - I wont advise you on that other than to say get experienced help rather than downloading a registry cleaner . Run msconfig and uncheck any entries in there that are checked . Also bear in mind that there is a hell of a lot of malware parading itself as mp3 , etc on Limewire and a lot of Limewire Pro installers available on warez sites are themselves packed with the crap so there's a fair chance your machine is infected ....

Yeah uninstalled ok, but yeah gotta bad feeling it's infected...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I'd follow the first step in that thread you linked to and then start a new thread in Virus and Malware Removal with the results of the scan and the problem as outlined above . I got no doubt you'll get sorted there . Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Guide in my sig aidan_walsh did is quite good.

• Advertisement

cheers ng and Sherifu :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don'tt worry only about half of dodgy limeware stuff is borked one way or another.

Yeah you will need to do a full scan of everything on your pc.

did a view scans, fixed the problem, cheers guys :)

Advertisement