Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Leinster Challenge next Sunday

Options
  • 10-05-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Here go's - a shameless plug for one of my own cycling clubs events!

The 2008 Mount Leinster Challenge will take place this year on Sunday May 18th - This is the third edition of the event which gets bigger and better every year!

Arrangements are as previous years with 2 distances - 150 and 100 km routes. The ride includes 2 ascents of Mount Leinster including the Corrabutt Gap climb of FBD RAS fame. There will be good food and water stops along the way and support vehicles should anyone get into difficulty. The event was very well received by the participants last year and proved great training for the Wicklow 200. Full details and entry form available at http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?page_id=33

Sign on: from 8.30am - start 9.30am sharp

Venue: Bellefield GAA Complex , Enniscorthy – Free safe parking, Showers etc

Fee: €20 – entry on the day

Contact: secretary@slaneycyclingclub.com or pat@slaneycyclingclub.com

The Mount Leinster Challenge – Good cycling, good food…good craic!

About 80 riders took part last year from a few RAS veterans to beginner cyclists so you'll find a group to suit everyone. Start and finish in Enniscorthy town- direction signs to sign on venue from N11. Route is up and down on the way through scenic parts of Wexford and south Carlow and a lot of participants last year were using it as prep for the W200 or the Etape.

Would be a great day out for the boards.ie team - I know you won't have your jersey's yet but I'll get a table reserved at the feed stop for you!

Advertisement