Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lopsided-ness

Options
  • 10-05-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I have a nostril piercing in each nostril - one is a bit over a year old, one is about 4 months old. I was foostering about with them today, trying out different types of jewellery in them, and when I put in two rings (same size) the right one looked a bit lower down. I investigated closer, and came to the conclusion that my right piercing is about two millimetres lower than the left one.

Now I feel awfully lopsided, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I enjoy symmetry, you see, and this is throwing me out of balance a bit. Is there any way I can get them level again? Maybe by tugging at the left one to bring it down a little? Or will I have to let it heal and get it repierced?

Advice, opinions or other comments welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I have a nostril piercing in each nostril - one is a bit over a year old, one is about 4 months old. I was foostering about with them today, trying out different types of jewellery in them, and when I put in two rings (same size) the right one looked a bit lower down. I investigated closer, and came to the conclusion that my right piercing is about two millimetres lower than the left one.

Now I feel awfully lopsided, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I enjoy symmetry, you see, and this is throwing me out of balance a bit. Is there any way I can get them level again? Maybe by tugging at the left one to bring it down a little? Or will I have to let it heal and get it repierced?

Advice, opinions or other comments welcome.

haahhahahaha, good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Tearing it won't do anything besides cause you pain. Nothing you can do (to the best of my knowledge) apart from taking it out and getting em re-done again. But there's no guarantee your piercer (Mark?) will be able to get it spot on, a millimetre is tiny.

Same thing happened with my double labret. The lower one was slightly askew (not by much) but I took it out. It wasn't healing though and was tearing into my lower lip webbing, that was the main reason.

Only you will notice, but if you really dislike being non-symmetrical take em out but as I said no garauntee of the piercer getting it spot on.

2mm up from the original spot, I can foresee the piercing moving back down into the old hole and settling there again tbh.

longshanks wrote: »
    haahhahahaha, good one

Have a problem there Longshanks? Comments like that don't help in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

If you can't say anything nice (or useful), Longshanks, don't say anything at all. See, I'm doing it right now, about you. :P

Thanks Wilburt. I think I'll try and get used to it. Maybe a slightly smaller ring would make it less noticeable. I'll be going in to Mark next week anyway, I think I'll mention it to him and see if he can suggest anything.

Leave it as is imo, yeah go chat with Mark see what he has to say. 2mm is nothing though. Up to you at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Knowing me I'd take it out anyway and get it re-pierced, heh.

But seriously, it can't be that bad if it took you 4 months to notice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Wilburt wrote: »
    Have a problem there Longshanks? Comments like that don't help in the slightest.

no problems here willy my boy, it just made me laugh is all
    If you can't say anything nice (or useful), Longshanks, don't say anything at all. See, I'm doing it right now, about you. :P

wasn't having a pop at u pope, but it did make me laugh. like someone else mentioned, if you didnt notice it yourself for a few months how bad can it be?

Advertisement