Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Irish Pirate Dance Radio - Youtube

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Fair play thanks for the memories its very good :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

Ah Dublin's Pirate scene in de good oul 90s. De Nostalgia does be thick in me nostrals like snot on a cold day. De images of all dem little ferrel kids an dey be dancin like der little lives depended on it. Sure I remember only too well havin some of dem in de studio when I did be doin a show on one such featured station, an dey be askin me to play de latest from De Pogideee or de Urban Cookie Collective. 'An don be playin any of dat ancient crap' says dey, referrin to the 3 month old copy of Robyn S in me hand. 'De bleedin dinasours danced to dat'. An with dat deyd be off out de door hummun 'The Key The Secret' an swiggin anoder sup out of der Tennants Special can.

Ahhhhh dems were de days

It brings a tear to me eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Class jungles but no music, wheres Maniac :(

Didnt see CLUB FM in there either :confused:

Any chance you might have the whole Sunset closedown show Rhythm?

20 or so Sunset jocks and friends gathered together around a mic a generator and a folded di-pole on Three Rock Hill.

Now that really did bring back memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rhythm Ireland

Think I have most of it somewhere! But where???:(

• Advertisement

Well if you find it can you stick it on here. I know more than a few anoraks who'd like a trip down memory lane.

Okay, its not a really a video.

As posted on another website (Radiowaves) many months ago here is an imaging mix of many pirate dance stations of the early 90's.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9OU6kzL6qY - Part 1 (various)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IizypG7svQw - Part 2 (mostly sunset)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY_JdGJwc5Q - Part 3 (hot 107, mix106)

More parts to follow!

Hey All,

The last part is online now!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=oaA3cpWzIHQ - Part 4

(Features Pulse FM 103 Closedown, Vibe106.4 and Club 106.4FM Dublin)

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Cheers Dude.. nice collection yer building now :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Whatever happened all these old stations,did any of them get a license...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Dub13 wrote: »
    Whatever happened all these old stations,did any of them get a license...?

think the "youth" license that they all went off air to apply for went to spin, but a lot of the people involved in some of the old pirates are now working for legit stations.. infact id say the majority of the Radio industry started on unlicensed stations ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Looks like a great way to get rid of the unlicensed stations just tell them in order to go legit they first have to close.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Looks like a great way to get rid of the unlicensed stations just tell them in order to go legit they first have to close.

There are no unlicensed broadcasters around at the moment that have anywhere near the amount of listeners that pirates in the early -> mid ninties had. This is possibly down to the standard of newer presenters or more lightly down to the fact that the newer stations don't get to stay on the air long enough to build up any sort of listenership before they are closed by the authorties.

Comreg are more active than ever over the last few years and most people are not willing to risk big sums of money on a station that could only last a week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Any chance you might have the whole Sunset closedown show Rhythm?

20 or so Sunset jocks and friends gathered together around a mic a generator and a folded di-pole on Three Rock Hill.

Now that really did bring back memories.

And the generator that ran out of petrol mid link!

Advertisement