Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trackday bike ?

• 10-05-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for a good trackday bike? 600cc or bigger. I drive an F6C and have driven a bike for nearly twenty years on and off,but never on a track,always something I'd have wanted to do though. Obviously a good runner is a must but does the generall condition of the bike in matter. I mean would mondello have an issue with me turning up on a complete rat of a yoke,twenty years old etc. Would anyone have any suggestions on a model and perhaps minimum age I should consider,perhaps something that would still have a good spares selection available for it.Any suggestion appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Cbr 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

daytona 675 or yamaha r6. track weapons. period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

I'd echo the CBR for the sheer number of them available and parts availability. Any other Japanese middleweight would be good too, but there are tons of CBRs out there. If you were inclined to go to the UK, you'd pick one up for very little.

If you wanted a bit more power you could go for a Gixxer 750, but if you're just getting to grips with track riding, a 600 will be plenty and you'll be able to concentrate on your technique instead of worrying about trying to lay down the power of a bigger bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Grab yourself either a Honda CBR400 or Suzuki SV650 trackbike and learn how to ride one of them first.

You will build up better corner speed on a smaller capacity bike, and you'll also avoid the hefty tyre bill that comes with riding a 600. Then a few months down the road you could consider moving up to a 600 when you have learnt your trade on a smaller machine. The lads over on www.irishbikeracing.com will defo give u tips on choosing a bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement