Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What broadband in Sligo??

Options
  • 10-05-2008 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Anyone can recommended good broadband in Sligo.Ill be live in town centre near Quayside.I consider to buy smart broadband (from smart Telecom) any experience with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I haven't used them myself (been meaning to switch but I don't fancy the downtime) but they are meant to be brilliant. Great speeds, no contention, no download limits and a very good support forum on their site.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not in Sligo myself (in Letterkenny), but have been using Smart for the past 2 years or more. I've found it to be a fantastic service and great value compared to other offerings. I've had very little downtime over the duration, and as mentioned, the support forums are handy should you have any problem.

The downtime during switchover is worth it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

And how exactly looks the price,i seen something about 15€+line rental,but from the other side when i checked the price is 25€+line rental for 4mbit

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think the prices on the website (http://www.smarttelecom.ie/residential_package.html) include a calls package that costs €10. I'm pretty sure you can get it without the calls package saving that €10 (so 4Mb will be €15 and so on).

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

One more question:Can I have my own router+modem wifi (if yes which one should Ill buy adsl or adsl2+, what model ??)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes, you can use your own modem & router.

You should get a ADSL2+ one as this is the technology used by Smart

Advertisement