Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do Microsoft Ajax Extensions work on shared hosting by default ?

Options
  • 11-05-2008 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a site running on a H365 windows account.

I am installing an autoSuggestmenu that uses Microsoft Ajax Extensions. Does something need to be installed on the server for this to work, or can i set it up in my own project, that will work when compiled ?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well lets put it this way the Microsoft AJAX controls are based on the AJAX extensions and they are installed as an add-on to the .NET Framework. So unless H365 have done this then your AJAX-less.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

thanks for the info, contacted H365 and they have the add ons installed already.

i believe the 3.5 framework will have this stuff already included which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

To add them to your existing 2.0 site you need to adjust your web.config file and add the dll.

In 3.5 sites it will be already added

Advertisement