Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Wanted] NUIG dip student looking for accommodation for 2008-09

• 11-05-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hey
    i'm starting the dip in sept any ideas where to start looking for accomodation. i dont fancy being stuck with a pile of first years(no offence). i have a car but dont want to get stuck in too much traffic. if you have any suggestions could you please let me know.
    Thanks
    Niamh:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just replied to your post about the dip so I think I might be able to help you here too!

I'm in Dunaras student accommodation in a separate part for post-grads and 4th years so it's quiet. It's 15 mins walk so a short drive but the traffic is pretty bad, as is the parking in NUIG. However, we've had numerous ongoing problems including black mould, overheating boiler, etc.

If you don't mind living a 15 minute walk (or a short drive) from college, then Glen Dara is grand. (Right next to Dunaras on Bishop O Donnell Road) Look in the Galway Advertiser or www.daft.ie for rooms available.

Your best bet would probably be to look for places on the Newcastle Road, or around that area as it's close to college. It also depends on where you are teaching for your dip. If you're sequential try to find somewhere that is halfway between college and school. I stuck with Dunaras because it's pretty much halfway between college and school.

There are plenty of houses near to college so just have a look in the Advertiser or on Daft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement