Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best all-round tattooist in ireland right now...??

Options
  • 11-05-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

...i'm curious to know what the general consensus is on this. maybe we could do a poll or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i imagine all the dublin heads are gonna go for the chaps in zulu or celestial ring or somewhere local. jmd's will get a mention from down this direction. the galway tattooists in galway etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Its really depends on what style you want really, like justin in zulu ia great for colour/fantasy stuff, where as jmd is some of the best black and grey portraits stuff I've seen, the italians in temple bar do great black work, jani should get an mention too for great colour work etc so its not really a matter of all rounder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

longshanks wrote: »
    i imagine all the dublin heads are gonna go for the chaps in zulu or celestial ring or somewhere local. jmd's will get a mention from down this direction. the galway tattooists in galway etc etc

This is the reply to pretty much every post on here looking for a recomendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I could recommend further a field but the average punter won't wanna travel for tattoos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

That's not what I was getting at. It's that people constantly post the tattoo artist they go to even if their artist has a completely different style to what the persons looking for/ is on the other side of the country.

• Advertisement

not all the time but yeah, suppose you are right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

All round?

I'd say Mick in stigmata or Debbie in arklow. Mark in Celestial is the bomb-diggity too

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Its really depends on what style you want really, like justin in zulu ia great for colour/fantasy stuff, where as jmd is some of the best black and grey portraits stuff I've seen, the italians in temple bar do great black work, jani should get an mention too for great colour work etc so its not really a matter of all rounder

any idea who would be the best for doing animal type work? tigers, lions etc.

animal type work, what style... realism, cartoony? you need to be more specific

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Wilburt who are these artists in other countries?

• Advertisement

Again depends what you are looking for and how far you are willing to travel

Very vague aren't ya! So how did you find out about these artists?Travelling the world?

Through IAM (community on bmezine)
    looking through online portfolios, im not trying to be vague, and its not as if im trying to keep them from anyone lol

dark imagery i.e skulls, babies, stuff to send chills down your spine paul booth in NYC. he costs a bomb though.
    Dot work - french michael in into you tattoo in london, he also does amazing symmetrical designs

theres loads more, scar work lukas zpira. he goes all around the world. sammpa also in london. so many, all depends what you are after

Ye and have you gone to all of these?

of course not, but they are world renowned and leaders in their styles

oh wait yeah met lukas zpira a few times, didnt have the money to get anything done. just got my nape pierced by him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Pluto, on Dorset Street in Dublin. Is fantastic, he has done all my tattoos which vary from realistic art,gothic & coverups of bogey ones I had done at 15. Can highly recommend him, is very professional although he comes across as being abrupt but Its just him being a perfectionist.He has a site but I cannot remember the address but Im sure you can google him.

Wilburt wrote: »

Dot work - french michael in into you tattoo in london, he also does amazing symmetrical designs

*cough* French Thomas *cough* ;)

thanks man

No no thank you

Maddison wrote: »
    Pluto, on Dorset Street in Dublin. Is fantastic, he has done all my tattoos which vary from realistic art,gothic & coverups of bogey ones I had done at 15. Can highly recommend him, is very professional although he comes across as being abrupt but Its just him being a perfectionist.He has a site but I cannot remember the address but Im sure you can google him.

www.dublintattoo.com

I think that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

don't know if I really liked all that tbh...

in my somewhat limited experience, Mariusz in Snakebite is good for tribal work, perhaps slightly heavy handed, maybe twas the area that made it hurt but twas sore.

Greg in Inkwell is great at old school stuff, and a lot of other styles from what I've seen

Not sure weather it was pawel or jerson in snakebite did my mate recently but twas good, sorta tribal but not, custom designed on the spot from her ideas

and the wee cute guy with the spikey brown hair in zulu is great at custom colour cartoonie stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

that'd be justin in zulu, i think. has a kiwi accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Wilburt wrote: »
    animal type work, what style... realism, cartoony? you need to be more specific

im looking for realistic, thinkin of getting the african big five done but its gonna be a big piece so i need to save a bit. id consider heading abroad if i couldnt find the right artist here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Maddison wrote: »

Negetive, Folks stay away from this artist, Rubbish colour work (as can be seen in his gallerys) Black work is poxy, constantly needs touch up's. I was warned not to go to him by a friend, Wish I listened, Only thing he has going for him is position of tattoos, Very symetrical etc, Constantly contradicts himself and is an absolute asshole of a human being, no social skills whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Music Addict

I have limited expeirence but anything I've seen by Michele in Art Tattoo in Temple Bar is amazing, he done my last one (attached).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I have limited expeirence but anything I've seen by Michele in Art Tattoo in Temple Bar is amazing, he done my last one (attached).

Very nice! PRS or Schecter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Music Addict

PRS, took a good three hours, but was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

Been to Zulu twice, nice place but JMDs in waterford is where
    im staying now. Joe has done over 50 hours on me and it keeps getn batter and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Le Rack wrote: »

Not sure weather it was pawel or jerson in snakebite did my mate recently but twas good, sorta tribal but not, custom designed on the spot from her ideas

I got mine done by Powel and I'm not too mad about it at all, it has uneven lines and a few misshapen bits, and he just didn't seem to be mad about the idea of the tattoo at all. That's probably why there was a bit of a balls made of it, it was supposed to be done by Denise but she wasn't in that day. It was my first tattoo so I didn't really care at the time, should've planned it better.

Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Been to Zulu twice, nice place but JMDs in waterford is where
    im staying now. Joe has done over 50 hours on me and it keeps getn batter and better.

Did you ever finish that back piece of yours? Post it in the Show you mine sticky thread up top if you have.

Advertisement