Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned form ADVERTS.IE & BOARDS.IE Without any reason.

Options
  • 11-05-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My boyfriend has been banned from boards.ie & adverts.ie without any proper reason. He was only showed banned for SHILL in adverts.ie.The thing it is crazy cause he doesn't use it much that's the first thing and the second thing the recent thing he has used it only to buy a blackberry.
    WHere he decently put the price following the rules.SO it don't see what's the point of this. the link is http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=54975&cat=14
    ANd his ID is atmmusa

And in Boards.ie heonly recently posted something helping someone with some IT related question.

Can u please explain what is exactly happening with his account.
    We want to see y he was band so unfarely.

Thanks,
    Uli.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Well it says Beruthiel banned him if that's any help to you. Perhaps she can shed some light on the alleged shilling.

Send a private message to Beruthiel

hth

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

He has been banned for advertising/shilling a product called "Ultra Surf" in two different fora. This isn't an adverts.ie issue, would you like me to move this to the Helpdesk or Feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'll move it to helpdesk.

I dont think the OP is prepared for feedback. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭uli84

hey,
    thanks 4 quick response.

he was jus trying to be helpful. The 2 reply was same cause the 2 thread was similar? so i would say it is fair.

If any one asks 3+2 is what the answer is 5
    and if any1 asks 2+3 is what the answer is agin 5

So that's was my boyfriend was trying to do,nothing else i guess. you can look at the thread throughly n then judge his replies on those.

So it would be really appreciated if his account atmmusa is released now.

thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If someone registers on Boards and their first two posts link to the same website, then yes, I am going to automatically think they are pimping a business.
    As far as I can remember, his comments were reported as spam and I then acted upon that.
    People sign up to Boards every day just so they can pimp a product or business.

If you are saying that this is not the case with your b/f, then I will unban him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement