Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demetri Martin

• 11-05-2008 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Has anyone heard his stuff it's really good so simple but funny. check out the jokes with guitars on youtube :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Half of his jokes are stolen from Mitch Hedberg.

*frump*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Dee369369

Ill have to check out Mitch Hedberg so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Yea a lot of his stuff is stolen but i still find him pretty funny.. until i hear a stolen joke then i just get angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

very very very Mitch Hedberg. are there ay comedians on the scene that have original comedy nowadays. it's crazy. Joe Rogan is another example of this. There's supposed to be a vid where another comedian confronts him on stage and verbally attacks him about stealing his material that he just used on stage.

There was athread on this forum titled 'Did Dane Cook steal from Louis CK?' There was a vieo montage showing clips of their jokes which were almost identical.
    And then there is Carlos Mencia, I don't think the man has ever written a joke in his life.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    There was athread on this forum titled 'Did Dane Cook steal from Louis CK?' There was a vieo montage showing clips of their jokes which were almost identical.
    And then there is Carlos Mencia, I don't think the man has ever written a joke in his life.

have you seen the Bill Hicks - Dennis Leary comparison vid. That one is sickeningly alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Galvasean wrote: »

The worst comedian ever not only does he steal jokes but he can;t even tell them as well as the original comedians he's ripping off. Awful Awful comedian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

pandaboy wrote: »
    very very very Mitch Hedberg. are there ay comedians on the scene that have original comedy nowadays. it's crazy. Joe Rogan is another example of this. There's supposed to be a vid where another comedian confronts him on stage and verbally attacks him about stealing his material that he just used on stage.

That was Joe Rogan confronting Carlos Mancia about stealing material as far as I know

orestes wrote: »
    That was Joe Rogan confronting Carlos Mancia about stealing material as far as I know

cool. heard that story by the by. but Joe Rogan is notorious for going to open mic nights so as to help out comedians starting off and then flogging their material as his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Aw man i love Demetri, but i also love Mitch and can't say i've ever heard Demetri directly rip any of his stuff? I know their styles are very similar but i wouldn't personally put him in with all those other guys, although maybe i just haven't seen all of their respective material.

Also in fairness, his show 'If I' is pretty original and amazing, while not strictly stand up in the traditional sense.

• Advertisement

The worst comedian ever not only does he steal jokes but he can;t even tell them as well as the original comedians he's ripping off. Awful Awful comedian

Sadder still that he has his own TV show thanks to it. If he was a musician he'd have been sued for every last penny by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

never seen Demetri rip off someone else including Mitch and iv seen most of their stuff.... examples??????

Demetri is one of the best comedians around atm!

the confusion is mainly with style. non-sequitar language is both of their styles when it comes to their comedy. you can definitely see an influence of Hedberg on Martin if not a few variations of jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

"The worst time to have a stroke heart-attack is when playing charades" :pac:

the second worst time is a game of fake heart-attack followed by naps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

anyon got links to mitch hedberg?

anyon got links to mitch hedberg?

Yeah sure we had a thread about him right here.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184332

Advertisement