Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RSA Text Massage

Options
  • 11-05-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

"The RSA are scheduling Driving Tests on Sundays. If you are interested in a Sunday test between may 18th and June 8th reply SUNDAY YES by midnight tonight"

Anyone else get the same text on Thursday?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

a friend of mine did. think she text back but no reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

"Thank you for your reply. The RSA will schedule Sunday tests subject to demand and will be in contact with your regarding availability of test slots"

Thats the reply I got, hopefully I'll get it early on a sunday morning.......quiet roads and since the instructor is getting over time, it should work in my favour.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

wow, they are actually putting in a bit of effort at shortening the ridiculous waiting lists. i'm impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

What does a 'text massage' feel like? :D Good idea though, lucky those who get a sunday test!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

coolcon wrote: »
    What does a 'text massage' feel like? :D
    The 'vibrate' needs to be 'on'. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Spelling updated!:D Lets never speak of it again...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It seems they're sending that text message to all second provisional licence holders to provide all with a test before the deadline.

It seems that the increased tests over this year and last year has impacted on pass rates as people turn up poorly prepared. I suppose that's their own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It seems they're sending that text message to all second provisional licence holders to provide all with a test before the deadline.

the people i know who got it are on learner's permits

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just wondering if the Sunday testing option is provided to those applicants who haven't provided a mobile telephone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 coolshark

I'm a driving instructor and yet to hear of any test centre offering a driving test on SUNDAY!! I'd believe when I see it. I charge 60 euros per pre-test on a Sunday as most other ppl get paid time and a half on Sundays.

Any queries give me a bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭firebug_guy

coolshark wrote: »
    I'm a driving instructor and yet to hear of any test centre offering a driving test on SUNDAY!! I'd believe when I see it. I charge 60 euros per pre-test on a Sunday as most other ppl get paid time and a half on Sundays.

Any queries give me a bell

I got this text, I replied YES and was contacted by phone yesterday! My test is THIS SUNDAY! :eek:

Advertisement