Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Searching For a Good Carbohydrate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Vegetables are good carbohydrates. The US Dept. of Agriculture can go suck excrement. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Vegetables are good carbohydrates.

Absolutely and the article does not suggest otherwise so what is your point?
    The US Dept. of Agriculture can go suck excrement.

or should I say agenda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

What possible agenda could I have? Unlike the USDA, I'm not not at the behest of grain/corn lobbyists, nor is my primary concern the economics of agriculture. Since the crime that was the utterly flagrant and unresearched "food pyramid", they really have no right IMO to utter any nutrition advice.

I've stated my distaste for the integrity of this organisation a good few times on this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I've stated my distaste for the integrity of this organisation a good few times on this board.

So we've seen.

You're not a big fan of carbs, good on you. cozmik is a fan of carbs. Good on him. There's the makings of a great discussion in there and so a link was provided to encourage further debate fodder. Replying to that link with "The US Dept. of Agriculture can go suck excrement. That is all." is hardly conducive to encouraging a meeting of the minds now is it?

If you claim to like debate follow your own advice and engage or ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That's an interesting article. I think the same thing is happening now as happened with Fat in the past. People are deciding that all carbs are bad and we willl come round to the idea in the future, as we have with fats that they are not as bad as painted. People like simplicity and the truth is that there is a hell of a lot of contradictory studies out there and more to be found out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement