Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Irish Proxy server :(

Options
  • 11-05-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

In Finland. Wanting to watch GAA Longford versus Westmeath. RTE wont let me view it with foreign IP. Ive tried the normal proxy lists and none of them live. Can anyone help!!! The game is SOON!

Cheers!
    X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

you and me both!
    tried everything and no joy!

I wonder would it be hard to set one up. Really thinking of ringing my dad and asking him to set one up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Unfortunately i don't think it will work even if you find an irish ip. I've tried the same to view the BBC iPlayer but with no joy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If it comes to the worst then Setanta do PPV feeds of matches.

http://play.www.setanta.servecast.net/setanta/gaa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MiloFoxburr

admol wrote: »
    Unfortunately i don't think it will work even if you find an irish ip. I've tried the same to view the BBC iPlayer but with no joy.

I use a dedicated server in the UK to access the BBC iPlayer site fine from Ireland so it can work. I use an application called Privoxy to do it.
    An application called Hotspot Shield gives you an American IP which lets you access a lot of sites in America that block external IP's such as Hulu for example

Advertisement