Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Its a ****hole jus like every other pub in town, no wonder why theres so many weirdos in Kilkenny... because their all ****ing alco's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Its a ****hole jus like every other pub in town, no wonder why theres so many weirdos in Kilkenny... because their all ****ing alco's!!

welcome to boards to you to! wonder if you're one of the newspaper article offspring

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dogerster

Hi 00Blaine00 welcome to boards ! Were you bullied as a child ?

dogerster wrote: »
    Hi 00Blaine00 welcome to boards ! Were you bullied as a child ?

Nah, were you? Or are you just one of those people who's the same as everybody else.... sheep! :D

welcome to boards to you to! wonder if you're one of the newspaper article offspring

Nope, bartender actually!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 yeahyeahitsted

no didnt molest anyone, thats the problem i was approached and asked to leave it was my first time there and as i said did nothing but got thrown out. Wouldnt mind if i was messing, but it left a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭dogerster

So I take it then that you work in an above mentioned ****hole. Guess that explains you wonderful personality :D

dogerster wrote: »
    So I take it then that you work in an above mentioned ****hole. Guess that explains you wonderful personality :D

Yeah, I do!... tell me something I dont know...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

There's a lot of noobs going around. I wonder can we blame KK people for this?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Of course! Too much of a coincidence for it not to be the influence of the paper.

/ontopic...I hate the left bank :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

would it be true to surmise that the left bank took a large chunk of langthans clientele. i was in langthons (can't remember exact spelling) friday night and it was soooo quite. it actually made me sleepy.
    but the left bank fish bowl was hopping. i have yet to cross its threshold, i think i'll go a week night just to take in the decor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

catbear wrote: »
    would it be true to surmise that the left bank took a large chunk of langthans clientele. i was in langthons (can't remember exact spelling) friday night and it was soooo quite. it actually made me sleepy.
    but the left bank fish bowl was hopping. i have yet to cross its threshold, i think i'll go a week night just to take in the decor.

they're serving food in the left bank now as well, or what theyre trying to pass as food. to be fair what they serve does taste ok but theyd a v poor menu to pick from imo. Ill be sticking to rafter dempsys for the dinners can't go wrong!

anyone else tried the food in left bank yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

there serving food in the left bank now as well, or what theyre trying to pass as food. to be fair what they serve does taste ok but theyd a v poor menu to pick from imo. Ill be sticking to rafter dempsys for the dinners can't go wrong!

anyone else tried the food in left bank yet?

Nope, but I did find myself in there again last night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

is the leftbank much more expensive than most bars for a pint?i was hoping to go there next week for my better-halfs birthday{on the rare ocassion we get a babysitter!} but we are both heavily tattooed,do u reckon we could get in to check it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

*melanie* wrote: »
    is the leftbank much more expensive than most bars for a pint?i was hoping to go there next week for my better-halfs birthday{on the rare ocassion we get a babysitter!} but we are both heavily tattooed,do u reckon we could get in to check it out?

IMO, the bouncers will probably choose who gets in, depending them on how they look when they arrive seeking entry. Stereotyping is well and truly alive.

They also proposed that men who don't wear shirts would be refused entry. I have since been in there twice and I saw plenty who were wearing t-shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

IMO, the bouncers will probably choose who gets in, depending them on how they look when they arrive seeking entry. Stereotyping is well and truly alive.

They also proposed that men who don't wear shirts would be refused entry. I have since been in there twice and I saw plenty who were wearing t-shirts.

well,we will obviously be tidy enough,but i already get the feeling that its gonna be a no-go! my otherhalf has his neck fully done and stuff,and i know its wrong but if they say no after us making an effort,im just gonna want to lamp the bouncer!{not gonna happen though} you are so very right,stereotyping is very much alive indeed:rolleyes:

Advertisement