Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Island of Lost Children

• 11-05-2008 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

There was an episode that chilled me to the bone, or rather a moment: several of our heroes cower in the bushes as they watch the feet of the Others trudge by. One of them was clearly a child, carrying a teddy bear. Something very creepy came to my mind and disappeared until this morning:

The children on the plane. Where are they?

I missed the first six or seven episodes of S3 deliberately; I'd thought it had jumped the shark a little (Ha! Now look at it. But I love it now, strange...) So I may have missed a few important scenes. But what bothers me is, I haven't seen the children.

I have, however, heard Ben and Ethan mention several times the Chosen on the List. I assume they were the "Good" ones they mentioned. That's why they were taken. Now here's a thought:

The island taps into the thoughts, fears and painful memories that plague its occupants. It brings them to life, e.g. Kate sees the horse etc...

Maybe all the strange goings on are perpetrated by the powerful imaginations of these kidnapped children? Perhaps the Cerberus is a spawn of Locke's childhood mind, somehow trapped by the hidden room in ben's cabin (it was like a tomb). The bear was a spawn of Walt's imagination (from the comic.)

And...get this...the island is a spawn of Locke's imagination too!!!

OK so this is just a wild ramble but the flashbacks seem, to me, to be hinting at the world of the island being more imaginary, cerebral, emotive, than real. One big, thriving world of thought and fear and instinct, subconsciously manipulated by those who crash-landed on it.

OK ramble over. Let the rain of ridicule come heavy :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    The children on the plane. Where are they?
    I'd guess they're at the 'temple'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

We have seen the 2 kids that were featured in the tailies flashblack the other 48 days again, Zack and emma I think their names were. There appeared in Season 3 along side Cindy, in stranger in a strange land, probably the worst ever episode of lost so your not missing much by not seeing it.
    I assume they are now at the temple with the rest of the others are still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

or what about the fact that Walt seems to make birds kill themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

IamBeowulf wrote: »

Maybe all the strange goings on are perpetrated by the powerful imaginations of these kidnapped children? Perhaps the Cerberus is a spawn of Locke's childhood mind, somehow trapped by the hidden room in ben's cabin (it was like a tomb). The bear was a spawn of Walt's imagination (from the comic.)

And...get this...the island is a spawn of Locke's imagination too!!!
    :)

i seriously hope the island is not from lockes imagination but i agree of the other imagination possibilities. could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Jay Ru wrote: »
    or what about the fact that Walt seems to make birds kill themselves?

I wouldnt expect an explanation for that anytime soon, I doubt we'll ever see Walt again tbh, the actor has gotten too old to play the role... unless they do some sort of flashforward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

robby^5 wrote: »
    I wouldnt expect an explanation for that anytime soon, I doubt we'll ever see Walt again tbh, the actor has gotten too old to play the role... unless they do some sort of flashforward

they could easily have him come back to the island a lot older. the whole time difference thing on the island could explain it. especially since he left the island. he could return from the future or somethin...

Advertisement