Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dubs in accomodation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

What's the last date to apply for on campus for next year anyway out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Pharm07 wrote: »
    What! no fair. im from up north and i didnt get on campus in first year. Thats really not fair, left me in a right state trying to find somewhere and not having a clue of dublin or buses. who runs that accommodation set-up they should be sack....naas, come on its not even that far.
    im applyin next year and i better get it this time :mad:

unlucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

unlucky

sorry for the attack. That was the exam stress talking, but they're over now! woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

sorry for the attack. That was the exam stress talking, but they're over now! woohoo!

What year are you in? I'm a third year and the year before me, they didn't do it on distance. Just the luck of the draw. But now cos I'm from Cork I'm guaranteed... kinda... it :)

SEE being from Cork's cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Its ok. I forgive you. Sure if yer good looking PM me your mobile number and we'll discuss your attack and stress privately.

• Advertisement

Its ok. I forgive you. Sure if yer good looking PM me your mobile number and we'll discuss your attack and stress privately.

:D

gubbie wrote: »
    What year are you in? I'm a third year and the year before me, they didn't do it on distance. Just the luck of the draw. But now cos I'm from Cork I'm guaranteed... kinda... it :)

SEE being from Cork's cool

headin into final year now....hopefully anyway. i live bout 80 miles from ucd so hoping that'd be far enough to get a place on campus. Living with a few people this yr but they all have their own thing sorted out for nxt yr. if i dont get campus, im screwed :(. house hunting is not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

What happens, happens. If you have to househunt, it aint that bad. I had lots of trouble trying to get accomodation in UCD in my undergrad. At the same time I met loads of lunatic housemates that kept a smile on my face. It's all experience Pharm07.

maoleary wrote: »
    What happens, happens. If you have to househunt, it aint that bad. I had lots of trouble trying to get accomodation in UCD in my undergrad. At the same time I met loads of lunatic housemates that kept a smile on my face. It's all experience Pharm07.

i had to house hunt in first year and it was just horrible. some of the absolute dives we saw were unreal. Then theres the rent, it just goes up and up and up and up, so depressing. Oh yea and then you see a place on that God foresaken website daft.ie and it looks lovely, rents not bad, good location and you get "girls only," or "no students." Not all fellas are dirty, im strangely very very clean, hate dirt and girls can be just as bad as some fellas.

maoleary wrote: »

i like your policy though, "what happens, happens." Unfortunately, i dont work like that, im a real thinker. Hate not having a bit of security and knowing where im living or living with. I like routine!

I really do think too much (and keep talking crap!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

guy i lived with on campus in 1st year was from Blanch so I'd give it a shot, but yea the 17 is the bane of most peoples lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

Any final year students 08/09 not get campus, im living 95 miles from dublin and i didnt get it, what a load of rubbish really, all final year students who want it should get it. Now its back to house hunting again, grrrr :mad:

Advertisement