Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats Utd

• 11-05-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I hope to **** Wigan score two goals :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

10 Mins Left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

:pac:

Have a little faith!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

dublindude wrote: »
    I hope to **** Wigan score two goals :)
    Not a chance mate!:D

Official - lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Congrats West Brom

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congrats United best team this year IMO although hard luck Chelsea woulda been funny if Shever won them the league today

zAbbo wrote: »
    Congrats West Brom

Less of that now, it's our day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

yes well done west brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Shhhhhhhh

for 6 more minutes

Terrible stuff from Man City.

/edit City pulled one back, 7-1 the comeback is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Well done United, cant take it away from them, they were the best team by a distance all season. However, im sure after todays performance the jerseys with "Bennett - 12" on the back will be flying off the shelves lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Chelsea Drew, That makes all the sweete!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    and not on goal difference is the icing on the cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Is it really that exciting being a Man Utd fan? You've chosen to support a team who are nearly guaranteed to win something big every year...

I can hear all the cheers out my window, but I feel a bit, what did you expect? You're a Man Utd fan...

/Not a bitter Chelsea fan

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

congrats Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Is it really that exciting being a Man Utd fan? You've chosen to support a team who are nearly guaranteed to win something big every year...

I can hear all the cheers out my window, but I feel a bit, what did you expect? You're a Man Utd fan...

We had a barren couple of seasons when Mourinho took over at Chelsea..and the season before Arsenal won it. Can honestly say every step closer to overtaking Liverpool as top team i England is sweeter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

does saha get a medal? Be funny ig they didnt give him one :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

They did 'good'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dunno if Pique got one, didnt hear his nae called though he is celebbrating with them now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo,United did it:D
    And again pensioner like Scholes against barca did it,anyone to blame Giggs?:D:D:D Now get the CL!!!!!
    And its great Chelsea played draw so noone can say we won it on goal difference,noooo we have 2 points more,thank you very much:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote: »
    does saha get a medal? Be funny ig they didnt give him one :D

kdjac

Wouldnt have thought he's played enough games to get one. Was he out celebrating with them on the pitch?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Saha is wearing one, Silvestre and Pique didnt get one, nor did Kuszczak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    and not on goal difference is the icing on the cake

+1

CHAAAAMPIOOONS!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It wasn't nearly as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. Definitely worthy winners! Now get on with the double!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That is an interesting point. I got several texts from friends of mine who are United fans stating, "CHAMPIONS!!!!!". Like they needed to tell me.

Meh.

- Arsenal fan BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

You've chosen to support a team who are nearly guaranteed to win something big every year...

Anyone between the ages of 21/22 to about 40 who's a liverpool fan chose a team that was nearly guaranteed to win something every year.
    I started supporting united when they were about 17 years without a league, and it was another 7 or so years before they won one, so enough of your sour grapes bullsh!t.

As for Chelsea - 3 or 4 years ago their jerseys weren't walking out the door of Lifestyle sports, so it seems your idiot remarks are pointed at the wrong set of supporters.

Enjoy your evening ;)

Edit: And yes, it really is that exciting. I'll have to check with Newcastle or Middlesboro fans to see what it's like for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I started supporting 'em the year we lost the Premiership to Blackburn. And I didn't jump ship. ;)

Great day altogether, from a footballing perspective at least. ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yes it is that ****ing exciting. Do you think we all started supporting them in the last 15 years!!!

It was Liverpool rammed down my throat when I was growing up and United were winning **** all, so I think we are allowed to savour EVERY victory if thats ok with you.

Yippppeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well done, fully deserved etc etc. Still lost twice to a team beaten 8-1 by Boro though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

It sure is. I followed them when they were muck in the 80's, so yes, again, it is. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

topnutz wrote: »
    Well done United, cant take it away from them, they were the best team by a distance all season. However, im sure after todays performance the jerseys with "Bennett - 12" on the back will be flying off the shelves lol:D

Just happened to walk into a pub at the moment they were showing the replay of Ferdinand's hand ball. I was laughing thinking great chance for Wigan to go 1 up. Then, for some bizarre reason they kept playing on. I have never seen a more blatantly obvious hand-to-ball 100% penalty in all my life. Then Rooney does a 9.9 impression of Ronaldo and gets a penalty! Then Scholes wasn't sent off. Well done Bennett. Great game today. I know someone said Pique didn't get a medal. I just hope Bennett did!

Just happened to walk into a pub at the moment they were showing the replay of Ferdinand's hand ball. I was laughing thinking great chance for Wigan to go 1 up. Then, for some bizarre reason they kept playing on. I have never seen a more blatantly obvious hand-to-ball 100% penalty in all my life. Then Rooney does a 9.9 impression of Ronaldo and gets a penalty! Then Scholes wasn't sent off. Well done Bennett. Great game today. I know someone said Pique didn't get a medal. I just hope Bennett did!

Bitter much? They won the title deservedly over 38 games and nine months, not ninety minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

If you'd taken your blinkers off you'd also have notices Scholes being brought down for a blatant peno that wasn't given. Life must suck for you, being angry at things like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Hahaha so many bitters around.

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted about the win and really loving the bitter rants from certain begrudgers.

"Oh boo hoo the referee! Wigan will throw the game! Fergie might use voodoo magic!"

The table says it all. Champions!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Unearthly wrote: »
    Hahaha so many bitters around.

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!:D

Too true so many bitter ABU's :D like i give a flying F$CK what they think .
    We are league champions !!!

deserved too most goals scored best defensive record and most importantly most points.Enjoy the summer all you ABU 's I will :p

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

its over no point in been bitter people

congrats Utd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ah the bitter fans makes it all the sweeter!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well done, fully deserved etc etc. Still lost twice to a team beaten 8-1 by Boro though :p

32 years and counting :D;)

s_carnage wrote: »
    Ah the bitter fans makes it all the sweeter!!!

Indeed...always makes you look forward to going to work tomorrow...nice few quid to collect :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fergie might use voodoo magic!"

:eek: Oh no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

And when punters were saying United's dominance of English football was over, what did we do? Back to back titles me thinks. Get in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Yay for United, my grandad is a happy man today:)
    Also a mention for Fulham, well done to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MUTV is free to air at the moment and will be for the evening.

Player awards dinner is on at 7.45pm:)

Edit: And they are showing highlights of the 99 Champions league final at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fair played to United - had a great season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

KdjaCL wrote: »
    does saha get a medal?

kdjac

Or Bennett :) Lads, if it happened in Italy ye'd be screaming bloody murder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement