Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats Utd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Or Bennett :) Lads, if it happened in Italy ye'd be screaming bloody murder.

In realtime it looked a stonewall peno tbh.

Anyway Scholes was sliced down 2nd half and he got nowt so these things balance themselves out, isnt that what they say ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

not that it particularly matters, seeing as the game is over and the title is done and dusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Or Bennett :) Lads, if it happened in Italy ye'd be screaming bloody murder.

Doubt it, bout 2 people watch serie A every week on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Great win in the end, league table doesnt lie :)

Delighted that Bolton equalised so we didnt have to hear Grant say that it was sooooo close and it was only seperated on goal diff :rolleyes:

Hats off to the gooners as well it has to be said, they ended up 4 pts off Utd and 2 pts off Chelsea, not bad at all considering Utd took 4 pts off them this season and they had so many draws over the last few months (Boro/Wigan/ Pool/Birmingham etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Fairplay lads, best team in Europe this season no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol at the bitter Pool fans blaming Bennett. Scholes commited two fouls all game, the ref decided to give him one last chance. Scholes himself had a stone-wall peno turned down when Bramble slid in. Anyway I don't remember Edwin making any saves during the whole match.

we won it ten times
    not on goal difference
    we won it 10 times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

eZe^ wrote: »
    Fairplay lads, best team in Europe this season no doubt.

Fair play to you. Hopefully they can prove it in Moscow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    That is an interesting point. I got several texts from friends of mine who are United fans stating, "CHAMPIONS!!!!!". Like they needed to tell me.

Meh.

- Arsenal fan BTW

a bitter arsenal fan by the sounds of it, if the tables were turned you would have done the same thing man!!

go on utd!! well deserved. :D

Yeah, what's the point of dupporting a winning team if you can't rub your mates' noses in it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

topnutz wrote: »
    Well done United, cant take it away from them, they were the best team by a distance all season. However, im sure after todays performance the jerseys with "Bennett - 12" on the back will be flying off the shelves lol:D

Weren't Chelsea still in the race as of this morning? Doesn't sound like a distance tbh. Lady Luck was smiling on Utd today. How Bennett didn't give the first peno shout I'll never know. If Bennett never refereed another Utd match again, at least I could take something out of today. :o

Weren't Chelsea still in the race as of this morning? Doesn't sound like a distance tbh. Lady Luck was smiling on Utd today. How Bennett didn't give the first peno shout I'll never know. If Bennett never refereed another Utd match again, at least I could take something out of today. :o

These things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season. Were Chelsea not given the dodgiest of penalties at Anfield

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well done, fully deserved etc etc. Still lost twice to a team beaten 8-1 by Boro though :p

Get over it! Small time!! ;) By the way thats not Thaksin in your sig! ;)

What about the stone waller on Scholes that wasnt given!?

Yea he could have been sent off in the first but most refs exercise common sense and give him a final warning, he was in the Wigan half and Palacios wasnt exactly going anywhere, could have been a second yellow with no complaints but nice to see refs occasionally errr on the side of cop on. Also the first booking whilst it looked bad, he did get the ball. Either way, we won it 2 nil, |I couldnt give a sh1te what the bitters have to say!!

He's won it 10 times,
    He's won it 10 times,
    That boy Giggsy,
    He's won it 10 times!

Collie D wrote: »
    These things tend to even themselves out over the course of a season. Were Chelsea not given the dodgiest of penalties at Anfield

It evened itself right out into United's favour today. :pac:

What about the stone waller on Scholes that wasnt given!?

Yea he could have been sent off in the first but most refs exercise common sense.
    Of course utd fans are going to say that, fact is it was a bookable offence and he had no problem sending Mascherano off. If he even gave one of those decisions properly it would of totally changed the complexion of the match. Utd would of had to score 2 or score with 10 men, totally different kind of match you have there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Of course utd fans are going to say that, fact is it was a bookable offence and he had no problem sending Mascherano off. If he even gave one of those decisions properly it would of totally changed the complexion of the match. Utd would of had to score 2 or score with 10 men, totally different kind of match you have there.

Mascherano was sent off for persistent moaning. It was only a matter of time.

Oh and United would only have had to score one had Wigan been given a penalty and had they scored it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they didn't seem to have a problem last week against 10 men and arguably a better side.

You're a Liverpool fan, am I right? Why does it bother you so much. You were out of the title race by Xmas. Or are you that concerned with Chesea being hard done by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Where is the outrage over the decision at Anfield earlier this season when Chelsea's Malouda won a penalty for a foul on Steve Finnan that clearly wasn't a foul? This allowed Lampard to score the resulting penalty and earn a point.

Clearly Rob Styles changed the whole complexion of the title race!

But wait, United still won the league. Jeez, it's almost as if United deserved it! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

RasTa wrote: »

we won it ten times
    not on goal difference
    we won it 10 times!

Not getting at you, but we won it 17 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

I think its time for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiB9Ug37X_8

:D

Not getting at you, but we won it 17 times.

But can you honestly see Liverpool getting to 18 before United? Honestly, now...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I didnt say they were ahead by a distance, i said they were the best team by a distance, which is a very difficult thing to say as a Chelsea fan. United have been so impressive this season, both teams have had their slip ups, but they have been so much more impressive for the most part. To end up only 2 points behind certainly flatters Chelsea, we have scraped through result after result while United have been dishing out ass whoopin's left right and center.
    Ive had all the slagging matches with my United mates over the past few months but I have always said in the end that they are the stronger team this year and are very worthy winners, all the blue tinted shades in the world wont change that.

But i still say Wigan were robbed today!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

But can you honestly see Liverpool getting to 18 before United? Honestly, now...?
    If we had a working crystal ball Paddypower would be screwed.

Sherifu wrote: »
    If we had a working crystal ball Paddypower would be screwed.

True but I'd be willing to wager United winning two more before Liverpool win their next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

True but I'd be willing to wager United winning two more before Liverpool win their next.
    I'm sure PP will sort ya out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Fair play, Utd were the better team through the 38 games.

Still gonna mop ye in the CL final though :P

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well done United, cant take it away from them, they were the best team by a distance all season. However, im sure after todays performance the jerseys with "Bennett - 12" on the back will be flying off the shelves lol:D
    By denying us a stone wall penalty?? :confused:

Anyway... CHAMPIONS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol can't believe there's so many bitter fans out there. United completely deserve the title on the season as a whole. Of course Chelsea should be commended for their late surge but the league is won over 38 games and not 20.

Most goals, best defence etc etc so for anyone to say that the odd favourable refereeing decision gave them the title is crazy. Let them enjoy it and hopfully it'll be the last for a while! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Congratulations. The best team won, at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lol can't believe there's so many bitter fans out there. United completely deserve the title on the season as a whole. Of course Chelsea should be commended for their late surge but the league is won over 38 games and not 20.

Most goals, best defence etc etc so for anyone to say that the odd favourable refereeing decision gave them the title is crazy. Let them enjoy it and hopfully it'll be the last for a while! :D

You alright Xavi? You feelin alright mate?

I'll PM you tomorrow, cos I'm worried now... There's somethin up...

I feel like I'm missing a joke or somethin! Have I been Merk'd? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Not one mention of City's double over us either....how very odd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DaveMcG wrote: »
    You alright Xavi? You feelin alright mate?

I'll PM you tomorrow, cos I'm worried now... There's somethin up...

I feel like I'm missing a joke or somethin! Have I been Merk'd? :D

Ha ha nah unlike most around here I have the ability to overlook my personal bias and compliment a team on a deserved victory. Over the season United were the best team, well for 36 games they were, and speaking of which.....
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Not one mention of City's double over us either....how very odd!

Nah I have people like you to do it for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I am proud to say i am a UNITED FAN :)

Lost my voice in Sinnotts yesterday screaming my lungs out, now i can't wait for the CL final....

Amazing how the boys in blue didn't win(and they blame John Terry's injury) they should really stop whining like b****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Well done to United. They deserved the title.

I think the momentum will carry them on to win the Champs League too.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Well done to United. They deserved the title.

I think the momentum will carry them on to win the Champs League too.

ah but in the same light you csan say chelski will be more determined as they will feel they have a point to prove!

Bunch of Neil Warnocks the lot of em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

But can you honestly see Liverpool getting to 18 before United?

Maybe I'm misreading something here, but we got to 18 league about 2 decades ago :confused: havent won one since, and you still havent caught up :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Maybe I'm misreading something here, but we got to 18 league about 2 decades ago :confused: havent won one since, and you still havent caught up :eek:

Don't you know that they don't recognise anything pre 1990? ;)

• Advertisement

SKY rewriting football history since 1992

;)

Ah but the difference is we were born to see the majority of the teams success:pac:

Maybe I'm misreading something here, but we got to 18 league about 2 decades ago :confused:havent won one since, and you still havent caught up :eek:

not something i'd be bragging about tbh!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

SKY rewriting football history since 1992

;)

I do love pointing out to Pool fans that there is no Premiership trophy in their Stadium. Really sets them off.

I do love pointing out to Pool fans that there is no Premiership trophy in their Stadium. Really sets them off.

When it finally happens, which let's face will most likely happen before we die. It will be grim.

Can't wait to troll the Liverpool superthread though!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That is an interesting observation. Anyone consulted Paddy Power on what the odds are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"Which ship has never docked in Liverpool harbour?
    The premiership! :D "

- sorrry. :o

Galvasean wrote: »
    "Which ship has never docked in Liverpool harbour?
    The premiership! :D "

- sorrry. :o

hahaha :D ah i love that joke!! its funny because the've never won it :rolleyes:

18 + 5 lads.

read it and weep.

Well done, fully deserved etc etc. Still lost twice to a team beaten 8-1 by Boro though :p

Still beaten 8-1 by Boro though..... :p
    kerash wrote: »
    Also a mention for Fulham, well done to them.

+100000

Delighted for fulham and for Hodgson who took over a sinking ship and did the impossible.
    I didnt say they were ahead by a distance, i said they were the best team by a distance, which is a very difficult thing to say as a Chelsea fan. United have been so impressive this season, both teams have had their slip ups, but they have been so much more impressive for the most part. To end up only 2 points behind certainly flatters Chelsea, we have scraped through result after result while United have been dishing out ass whoopin's left right and center.
    Ive had all the slagging matches with my United mates over the past few months but I have always said in the end that they are the stronger team this year and are very worthy winners, all the blue tinted shades in the world wont change that.

Post of the thread. Take a bow, sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Post of the thread. Take a bow, sir.
    ***Bows*** >>>> ****Gets kicked in arse by all the other Chelsea fans****
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement