Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic & Comedy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Depends on who's doing it imo obviously its not nessecery but if someone is genuinely funny it can be great. Good delivery is good delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I've seen a double-act do amazing tricks while also performing a comedy routine. In the act I saw, the guys were using the comedy as part of the distraction. While the audience were focused on the 'comedian' and what he was saying, thee other guys was using sleight-of-hand to complete the trick.

The best thing about that act was that there were some deliberate 'errors' thrown in and tricks that purposely didn't work (as part of the comedy) so when the actual trick came along it seemed even more impressive. Modern day Tommy Coopers but with some flashier tricks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm no magician but I'd imagine comedy while not paramount (no pun intended) can improve an act big time and help ease the frustration some people have about trying to figure out how you did that last trick :) On the other hand you better be good at it. If a scientist discovered a cure for cancer, hunger and aids and began his announcement with a crap joke most people would stop listening before he got to "His horses name was friday!".

I eventually found the video. Quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I eventually found the video. Quite good!

Pretty dam sweet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok that was both funny and amazing ..... those guys must get laid all the time.

Yeah I really like it! :) There's a couple of times when the flow of transition isn't absolutely perfect. If you look closely when the guy leans in for his kiss, as he pulls back to stand upright, he slightly readjusts his feet, there is also a slightly kinked transition during the vanishing bit at the end but overall it's brilliant!

The comedic element isn't cheesy either, it's actually integrated into the act very well!

Advertisement