Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on a van

Options
  • 11-05-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Well lads, just looking for a bit of advise. As a band we are looking for a van for equipment with seating for driver + 3 or 4 people. We are working on a fairly tight budget, looking to spend no more than €5,000. Any advise on what makes/models to look for or stay away from. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Your seating requirements might limit your choices. Sorry I don't have any more advice, but at least your thread got bumped - it was just about to drop off the first page! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

I'm not sure about vans, but a twin-cab pick-up might suit. From point of view of your passenger requirements.

L200
    D-max
    Pathfinder
    these might get you started, and give you a direction to look in.

just the ones that spring to mind. Not sure on prices at all, or models, but I've definitely seen all of these in twin-cab versions. Althought they don't really fit the 'band tour van' image ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How about a nice, covered trailer instead?

something like this:

EinachsSandwichgebr1.jpg

Would certainly be cheaper.

Most crewcab vans I've seen are pretty recent and still quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pity you didnt ask about 3 weeks ago. My cousin sold a cracker of a hiace crew cab. I've seen a few of them around though so the y should be gettable

Alternativly buy a cheap van and get th ecrew cab conversion done yourself.

Advertisement