Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change boot disk drive letter

• 11-05-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Hi - looking to change my boot disk drive letter (G:) to (C:).
    I've installed a new version of Windows on my 250gb drive in a small partition, and am setting this up as required before I format my old partition and merge.
    When I boot the new install, it's root is being mounted as G:, with my old HD being mounted as C: (as it was all along).

I want to change the letter of my root drive on the new install from G: to C: without effecting the old partition - how easy is this to do, can it be done?
    Will make settinig up my new software much easier. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

Was there a card reader in the computer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

It's a laptop (Inspiron 9400) with built in Ricoh Card Reader.

Can't figure why the new install took letter G: and gave the old partition it picked up on C:...
    Can I even have two partitions on the same drive, both booting with the root as C:? Surely the drive letter assignment is partition specific?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Thanks! Worked, although with quite a few problems afterwards!
    For future reference, if it can be avoided don't bother!!

Advertisement