Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coach Leaving WWE For ESPN

• 11-05-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this was mentioned before or if it's true but....
    The reason Jonathan Coachman was pulled from him Smackdown announce duties were due to him interviewing for an anchor spot with ESPN. Coachman has been hired by ESPN, and he is expected to finish with the company shortly. It was reported earlier today that Coachman's contract was soon to run out, and that he could be considering a more full time position with the MSG Network.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hmm surprised at this news. Was never a fan of him as an announcer but he served the WWE well in other capacities and was a great professional.

I'll remember him most for his interactions with The Rock and for his ass whoopings at the hands of Stone Cold.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I'll miss Coach - thought he had some great & funny bits over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jiminywimilybob

I tought it was bound to happen eventually..Dont think there was anything else for him to do unless he could have done something for WWE.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I enjoyed his commentary with Kevin Kelly (I think?) on Heat.

They should have been given ECW to commentate on and let Tazz stay on Smackdown, because Tazz and Cole worked very well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Was never a big fan of him on commentary but I always liked his character, shame to see him go but all the best for him in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Eh, I'm not too bothered by this. Coach was a good character and had some funny moments, but as most everyone said his commentary left a lot to be desired. One of my favorite quotes from Coach was from the pre Summerslam 2003 Heat..." Kane tombstoned Shane McMahon's only mother". Lol. Best of luck to him in the future.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

One of my favorite quotes from Coach was from the pre Summerslam 2003 Heat..." Kane tombstoned Shane McMahon's only mother". Lol. Best of luck to him in the future.

:D

I liked Jerry the King's fumble at Backlash - the atmosphere is absolutely erect........eh electric!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I'll never forget the escapades he got up to with DX in 2006. Ah, Good times.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that despite internet reports, Jonathan Coachman has not signed with ESPN to become an anchor. Coach did an interview with ESPN, but is still under contract to WWE.

http://www.gerweck.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, JR said that in his blog yesterday too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Never liked the Coach myself. He is no Todd Pettengill, remember him from the WWF Mania days on Sky One Saturday mornings back in the day. I think your man, can't think of his name will have a bigger role to play in the WWE in the future. He presents Afterburn i think???

Josh Matthews?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I hope it works out for him.

Advertisement