Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsene Wenger in Humour Shocker

• 11-05-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭

Did the notoriously grumpy Frenchman crack a joke? Apparently he believes that titles shouldn't be decided on goal difference (tell that to Michael Thomas) and if both United and Chelsea had finished level on points today they should have had a play-off.

Arsene: Perhaps it could be the Premier League's 39th game. They could play it in China

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Classic piece of dry wit :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

this play-off stuff is crap - the league should be decided based on what happened during the league, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

good dry wit by Arsene he actually also said that the cl final could be the 39th game. Totally against any kind of play off option.
    Talking of grumpy, did I see ferguson smile today at full time :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

OPENROAD wrote: »
    good dry wit by Arsene he actually also said that the cl final could be the 39th game. Totally against any kind of play off option.
    Talking of grumpy, did I see ferguson smile today at full time :eek:

Auld Fergie is actually quite a witty man behind that grumpy exterior. Should check out some of his Friday pre-match press conferences. Almost feel sorry for some of the reporters with his put-downs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Penalties ftw!

• Advertisement

Up until last year, a rugby World Cup fixture could be decided by a toin coss :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Collie D wrote: »
    Auld Fergie is actually quite a witty man behind that grumpy exterior. Should check out some of his Friday pre-match press conferences. Almost feel sorry for some of the reporters with his put-downs

any links collie?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Collie D wrote: »

I will and you should do the same with Arsene ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Lets not forget Wenger's "cleaning glasses" quip.

staker wrote: »
    any links collie?
    You're asking the wrong person. If it's not boards or paddypower.com I'm lost They're usually live in MUTV though and repeated again onSaturday mornings if you're that interested to shell out. I'm asuming you're not a United fan for some reason here ;)

Haha, deal...but I make no promises about not calling him all the names under the sun...for some reason he really gets under my skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wouldnt agree with a playoff, but I think wins or some other meathod should come before gd. Surely winning the most games should be more important than how many goal you win less games by? (If you get my meaning :D)

Stekelly wrote: »
    Wouldnt agree with a playoff, but I think wins or some other meathod should come before gd. Surely winning the most games should be more important than how many goal you win less games by? (If you get my meaning :D)

In La Liga it's head to heads that count. United had a better head to head than Chelsea, 3-2 on aggregate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

no collie i'm not..... just think fergie's a witty fvcker at times lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

lol, Wenger's always making those kind of remarks. it tends to over most people's heads a lot and rarely picked up by the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i didnt see that one!! :p

Advertisement