Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ballymun Garda checkpoint

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

astraboy wrote: »
    I already said VRT was the exception that proves the rule as far as I am concerend. Taking pieces of my posts out of context proves nothing. People eveding corporation tax, income tax etc I hate, but anyone getting away without VRT is only screwing over a Gov. that is attempting to screw them over in the first place. Vrt is grossly unfair, end of.

Nothing out of context about it. In one post you advocate tax evasion and in another you say you hate tax evasion.

Its like banging your head against a brick wall with you. How is not paying VRT screwing over a Gov? Its screwing over you the tax payer. VRT contributes €2bn a year to revenue. If there is a shortfall in this then services suffer and other taxes are raised to balance the books....simple economics. What part of this do you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I think what he and a lot of other people here just don't have the clear view you have up there on your high horse balancing on a soapbox on the moral high ground of society. ;)

from where you are it seems like VRT is a fair and just and rightfully enforced tax.

us commoners down here in the muck trying to scrape a living can't see how fair and right it is that a corrupt and wasteful government are able to tax people through the nose at every opportunity, p1ss it away with unequaled levels of inefficiency and ineptitude and then just over charge people for registering their vehicle here to make up for their self inflicted shortfalls in revenue.

that's totally fair obviously and how dare they have a different opinion to your own. how very dare they!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭seamy_orr

Fair play Vibe, finally someone on this thread with a bit of cop. Some of the McDowell types on this board would put years on ye... Power to the people is what I strongly advocate....
    vibe666 wrote: »
    I think what he and a lot of other people here just don't have the clear view you have up there on your high horse balancing on a soapbox on the moral high ground of society. ;)

from where you are it seems like VRT is a fair and just and rightfully enforced tax.

us commoners down here in the muck trying to scrape a living can't see how fair and right it is that a corrupt and wasteful government are able to tax people through the nose at every opportunity, p1ss it away with unequaled levels of inefficiency and ineptitude and then just over charge people for registering their vehicle here to make up for their self inflicted shortfalls in revenue.

that's totally fair obviously and how dare they have a different opinion to your own. how very dare they!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Methinks this thread has run its course, everything has been said (twice over) and it's now in danger of getting personal ...so let's call it a day.

Thread closed.

Anybody feels hard done by by this decision, let me know by PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement