Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riot At Crowne Plaza Santry

Options
  • 11-05-2008 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Passed by here last night about midnight and there was the biggest Garda response i have ever seen.I am not exaggerating when i say there were at least 30 Garda cars on site.

Anyone know what happened?

Reassuring to note that the Garda can muster such a force mind you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I'd say it involved a particular type of wedding. Anymore than that and I'll be flamed by the PC - brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 falcon7x

O dear, is that just a hunch...????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My first thought would have been a Bertie associated 'do', but perhaps that's what DW meant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

falcon7x wrote: »
    Passed by here last night about midnight and there was the biggest Garda response i have ever seen.I am not exaggerating when i say there were at least 30 Garda cars on site.

Anyone know what happened?

Reassuring to note that the Garda can muster such a force mind you!

Why not ring Santry Garda Station and ask. If they ask why you want to know say you're a reporter for RTÉ.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 falcon7x

Well considering the Garda turnout maybe he was there somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

I'd say it involved a particular type of wedding. Anymore than that and I'll be flamed by the PC - brigade.

you can say traveller if you want! dont mind the brigade!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

falcon7x wrote: »
    I am not exaggerating when i say there were at least 30 Garda cars on site.

Yes but you are exaggerating when you put riot in the title and then admit you don't know what was happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Actually, there were fifteen units sent to the Crowne Plaza, Northwood last night after a serious disturbance during a travellers wedding.

Thats about it, there was a few arrests and the rest were sent travelling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Thats at the top of my road, never heard/saw anything. Did hear some sirens earlier but thats commonplace. Eh, pity. I'm from Tuam so it'd probably make me homesick :D

travellers do it in style!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

shakin wrote: »
    travellers do it in style!

I lol'd:D

fatal wrote: »
    I lol'd:D

its true!
    there was a wedding booked by a wedding planner in my town once,every pub in town closed.there was a checkpoint into town with 5 garda cars, and loads of police around, just in case!

Lads just remember the boards.ie PC NAZI's have their PC FILTERS running 24/7 - lets not haven't 'em in here bitch'n, whinging & moaning - ol' fvckers that they are.

Mairt wrote: »
    Lads just remember the boards.ie PC NAZI's have their PC FILTERS running 24/7 - lets not haven't 'em in here bitch'n, whinging & moaning - ol' fvckers that they are.

is calling them nazis pc?:D

shakin wrote: »
    is calling them nazis pc?:D

Yea your right, it might offend the German's... How about "****", we don't mind upsetting **** do we?.

Yea your right, it might offend the German's... How about "****", we don't mind upsetting **** do we?.

i dont mind,can we say

?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

do all travellers feud?

i know it sounds stupid, but let's just say my surname was Joyce, does that mean i have a feud with Wards or whatever?

I'm confused about this.

judas101 wrote: »
    do all travellers feud?

i know it sounds stupid, but let's just say my surname was Joyce, does that mean i have a feud with Wards or whatever?

I'm confused about this.

dont think it would be fair to generalise that they all fight but inbreeding will do these things to you.
    but the thugs in limerick in dublin arent travellers and they feud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

They are disgusting people. I don't know why we let them away with it. They don't pay tax, they work illegally, they wreck the environment... Death to them all I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

everyone knows that the most oppressed minority are white middle class men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYx4Bc6_eE

• Advertisement
Advertisement