Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniforms?

Options
  • 11-05-2008 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Just wondering, in your school, do you have to wear your uniform whilst sitting the Leaving Cert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

yes :( rather stupid though, but the principal insisted on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Ah well, if you think about it, you might perform better on the day with a uniform because you learned it all in the uniform lol...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In large schools it's often a security issue as the superintendents are usually not teachers in the school and it can help to make sure non-authorised people are not about.

Some schools insist on it for the first couple of days until superintendents get to know the people in their centre and some insist on it for the full exam period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Yeah we do. Don't really see it as a big deal. To be honest I'm more comfortable being in school wearing the uniform than without, so it'd probably be easier to concentrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We have to too but I wish we could wear pants coz when you are sitting for so long and you get up, you are peeling yourself of the chair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

No, surprisingly not. It's weird because our school is really tight on the uniform during the year. They're generally bstrds aboot everything else during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Probably better though if we wear uniforms, some of the girls might be distracting on a day I need to pay full attention...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

You can wear whatever you want because you're technically finished school.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭annemarie13

no we didnt hve too but the junior certs did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

yeah we have to, if you turn up for an exam out of uniform your not allowed sit the exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

ye we have to. Its pretty bent but tbh all the differenr colours in the exam hall would be a bit distracting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yeah, In my school you need to wear the uniform. I would feel uncomfortable without it though during the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

We have to wear uniforms. Thank God btw! Saves heaps of time and stress in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cant honestly recall. But I would lean toward yes, though they werent super strict about the dress code anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

hunter164 wrote: »
    You can wear whatever you want because you're technically finished school.

No - the SEC don't care what you wear, but if the exams are being run in a school premises, then the school can insist on candidates wearing a uniform.
    If you want to wear anything you like and are in a 'uniform' school, then switch to a different centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

Yeah we have to wear ours too... i feel it's best tho as my eyes would go wandering when the girls come in with hot pants and low tops to celebrate the summer! If i'm feeling wild, the tie might come off ;)

Advertisement