Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fits?

Options
  • 11-05-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Here I am with a Dell 5200 series case in front of kicking myself in the teeth and banging my head of the wall at the same. What ever made me think that the Dell 5280 would be good for gaming has to die and the only way I can do that is by destroying the brain cells that concocted the idea.

Here is the situation I need a graphics card that can fit into this case I think it's about 13 inches my brothers says nothing will fit but I thought I would ask you guys before selling it off for consolation money. I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT MEASUREMENTS!

sorry I really wasn't clear in my original post was I here's the link http://www.systembuilders.ca/image/dell-e520-1.gif

P.S I have every thing else PCU, RAM etc just need graphic card suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

I take it you have a PCE-16x slot at least, otherwise your in trouble! Easy advice would be either use a dremmel drill (after you have taken evrything out of the case) to cut out part of the drive bays. Failing that just buy a new case for it and rebuild it all in that.....would probably have to be a BTX case tho.....so good luck finding one of them easily!

Oh an post some pics....what part of the case is 13 inches btw....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

First of all, what's the model number - never heard of a Dell 5200. 13 inches is enough for any card really, so you would really have to give us more accurate descriptions of what exactly you're measuring - free space inside the case, or the case from back to front? A link to the machine will answer all question and enable us to advise you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement