Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice On Going Back To Education

Options
  • 11-05-2008 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in my late twenties & have been working for more than a decade in dull & uninspiring jobs so I've decided to pack it all in, throwing caution to the wind & head back to college to pursue a degree and possibly more if that goes well.

I'm determined to do it and have read various posts on here & checked up on info regarding my courses of interest but I still have a niggling doubt about my choices and consequences of pursuing this risky decision.

So, does anyone know of any place that I can go to receive career guidance and a second opinion/advice on my choice? I'm in the process of mailing the college contacts for info & advice but would very much like an external viewpoint also as I thought it might add a new perspective.

Anyway, if someone comes up with something thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It might do you good to visit the college you will be attending and speak to the mature society people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

If I can give you a bit of advice on choosing a course it would be to do something that you would love to do, not something that you could earn good money doing.

Advertisement