Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 in 3 out.

• 11-05-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭

So, name the following :- (only three of each)

your team

three you want rid of
    three you want in (as realistic a target)

So I suppose I should start

Liverpool

Voronin
    Riise
    Pennant

Villa
    SWP (I think he is only on the fringe at Chelseas and think a move would rejuvenate him)
    Micah Richards (if all of those boyos are leaving we may be able to pick him up)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Obviously not really EL related but I'm bored so I'll do it anyway.

Out:

Kevin Cornwall (pointless signing)
    Fred Davis Jnr (same as)
    James Keddy (absolute waste of space and money)

In:

Hmm, difficult one really. Some Premier players not getting a run.

Aidan Price (on loan)
    David Cassidy (bit pie in the sky :D)
    Any right full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Out;
    Ronaldinho
    Thuram
    Edmilson

In;
    Poulsen
    Alves
    Amorebieta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Manutd

Out:
    Loui Saha
    Michael Carrick
    Nani

In:
    Jan Klass Huntelaar ( Ajax )
    Diego Ribas da Cunha ( Weder Breman )
    Michael Essien ( Chelsea ) Never say never.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Out;

In;
    Poulsen
    Alves
    Amorebieta

Bit ambitious for Cork no? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Man United
    Out
    Saha
    O' Shea
    Silvestre

In
    Lahm
    Benzema
    Essien

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Bit ambitious for Cork no? ;)

Im assuming Alves is the only player on that list that you know... ;)

eZe^ wrote: »
    Im assuming Alves is the only player on that list that you know... ;)

You'd be correct in that assumption. But they sound very exotic. Might go into the men's boutique business with Neale Fenn and Joe Gamble :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Arsenal

Out:
    Hleb (its looking that way anyway)
    Eboue
    Senderos

In:
    Hatem Ben Arfa
    Vincent Kompany
    Garreth Barry

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You'd be correct in that assumption. But they sound very exotic. Might go into the men's boutique business with Neale Fenn and Joe Gamble :D

Ah but they're headed to either Milan or United next season, you willing to move to either of those destinations to follow your entrepreneurish dreams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Juventus

OUT
    Tiago
    Birindelli
    Nocerino

IN
    Huntelaar
    Diego
    M Ricards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Newcastle

Out:
    -Smith
    -Duff
    -Roezenhal

In:
    -Dunne
    -Bentley (at a stretch, I know)
    -A younger Nicky Butt (Quality grafter type center mids are hard to come by these days, and I don't know who we could realistically sign for this position.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Aston Villa

Out:
    Carson/Sorenson
    L. Moore
    P. Berger

In:
    Jussi Jaaskelainen/Jens Lehman
    Montolivio
    Miguel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Man United

Out:

Louis Saha

Mikael Silvestre

Darren Fletcher

In:

Dimitar Berbatov

Aiden McGeady

Darijo Srna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Newcastle

Out:
    -Smith
    -Duff
    -Roezenhal (same as post above ^)

In:
    Dean Ashton
    Gareth Barry (pretty unrealistic)
    Stuart Downing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Arsenal

Out:
    -Eboue
    -Senderos
    -van Persie

In:
    -Huntelaar
    -Kranjcar
    -Ben Arfa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Milan

Out:

Dida
    Kalac
    valerio Fiori

In:
    Buffon/Cech/Frey anyone not either of the above really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Man United

Out:

Louis Saha

Mikael Silvestre

Darren Fletcher

In:

Dimitar Berbatov

Aiden McGeady

Darijo Srna

I'd agree with your outs but Berbatov is not a United player. He hasn't got the work ethic or hunger for a club like United. No offence to Spurs fans but that's the type of club he should be at clubs that will never be in fear of being relegated but that are never really going to chase the big prizes. Don't think he has the attitude for either United or definitely wouldn't want him if I was at the bottom end of the table.

McGeady would be found out in the Premier League I think. Hear so much about him from Celtic fans and he obvioulsy has a talent. Justdoesn't seem to show it whenever I watch him. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

No idea who your last one is :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

United

out
    Dong
    Saha
    Ronaldo :p nah kUSZCAK

in
    Benzema
    Hildebrand
    Richards

Collie D wrote: »
    I'd agree with your outs but Berbatov is not a United player. He hasn't got the work ethic or hunger for a club like United. No offence to Spurs fans but that's the type of club he should be at clubs that will never be in fear of being relegated but that are never really going to chase the big prizes. Don't think he has the attitude for either United or definitely wouldn't want him if I was at the bottom end of the table.

McGeady would be found out in the Premier League I think. Hear so much about him from Celtic fans and he obvioulsy has a talent. Just doesn't seem to show it whenever I watch him. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

No idea who your last one is :confused:

I wouldn't agree with you on Berbatov. Cantona hadn't got the greatest work ethic for United but he had the ability to pick teams apart and I see Berbatov doing a similar job at United. If he has a hunger for trophies other than the Carling Cup then I think he'd be well up for it.

I think you have fair concerns on McGeady although I'm hoping he can fulfil his potential. I also want more Irish players at the club. :D

Srna's a Croatian international. Great crosser of the ball. He's set to feature in Euro 2008 and I'm hoping he can help them do well in the tournament. Would raise his profile anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I wouldn't agree with you on Berbatov. Cantona hadn't got the greatest work ethic for United but he had the ability to pick teams apart and I see Berbatov doing a similar job at United. If he has a hunger for trophies other than the Carling Cup then I think he'd be well up for it.

Good point re Cantona, I stand corrected :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Liverpool

Voronin
    Riise
    Pennant

Villa
    Richard Dunne
    Micah Richards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Collie D wrote: »
    Good point re Cantona, I stand corrected :o

The difference is that Cantona was pretty much guaranteed to start every game while Berb wont be happy to sit on the bench very often to faciltate Tevez and/or Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Manutd

Out:
    Loui Saha
    Michael Carrick
    Nani

In:
    Jan Klass Huntelaar ( Ajax )
    Diego Ribas da Cunha ( Weder Breman )
    Michael Essien ( Chelsea ) Never say never.

Nani and Carrick? Seriously?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Do the Liverpool fans just want Riise out cause of that OG?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No, he's been a passenger for 2 seasons now.

Mike.

The difference is that Cantona was pretty much guaranteed to start every game while Berb wont be happy to sit on the bench very often to faciltate Tevez and/or Rooney.

Well frankly if he wouldn't be willing to accept squad rotation then he would be stupid to join a top four club as it's bound to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Aston Villa

Out:
    Knight
    Maloney
    Sorenson

In:
    Ben Haim
    SWP
    Huddlestone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

United fan, and I'm actually struggling to think of players I want out. I think some of the fringe players have stepped up big time when they've been called upon this season, even after long periods of being out; Fletcher in the Cup match (he always seems to step up to the big games), Sylvestre after his lengthy injury, even O' Shea. In fact, the only first-team player I can think of that I want out is Saha. Sympathy has turned into downright frustration. If pushed I'd say Dong, but it's not as if we have to put up with him regularly. Can't think of a stand-out third player.

Players in is a different story:

Micah Richards: I don't think Neville will ever play a full season again and, while Brown has been excellent all season, I think it's time to look for a long-term right back. Richards is a beast, and with the uncertainty around Sven there's never been a better time to raid City.

Berbatov: I had a few reservations eariler in the season when he was being linked, but he is just quality. He'd bring something totally different to what is there as well. Of all the other strikers being linked, Benzema, Huntelaar etc he is also proven Premiership quality.

No third player is springing immediately to mind, maybe a central midfielder. While Anderson is the heir apparent to Scholes, wouldn't mind seeing someone else like Van Der Vaart come in. Regular for Holland and Hamburg's captain, you'd forget he's only in his mid-20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Chelsea

Out -
    Mikel
    Kalou
    Ferreira

In -
    Benzema
    Dani Alves
    Huntelaar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

topnutz wrote: »
    Chelsea

Out -
    Mikel
    Kalou

Mikel and Kalou? really? anytime i've seen them play i've been mostly impressed. would certainly love to see them move across to the emirates if they we were moving, especially Mikel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Mikel moreso for me, id just like to see kalou leave to make room for a top class striker more than anything else. Mikel is rubbish, hes i liability with and without the ball, his passing is poor and his tackling is even worse, particularly for a player in that position.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Out:
    Dong
    Saha
    Kuszczak

In:
    Messi
    Huntelaar
    Richards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Chelsea

out:

Hilario
    Sidwell
    Fereirra

in:
    Bosingwa
    Messi
    Gattuso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Man Utd

Out
    Evans - Will never break the Rio-Vidic sensation, and is behind Pique too.
    Saha - Glass man, need a fit striker.
    O'Shea - Wont need him as much with the 7 sub rule coming into effect

In
    Benzema
    Lahm
    Dont really want a third, but if forced to choose, Renato Augusto ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

keano_afc wrote: »
    Arsenal

Out:
    -Eboue
    -Senderos
    -van Persie

In:
    -Huntelaar
    -Kranjcar
    -Ben Arfa

Youd really want Van persie out of the club??? He was injured most of the season. I would love to see him at Liverpool think hes a quality player. His movement with control with the ball is class to watch and his free kicks alone...

Anyways...Liverpool

Out:
    -Pennant
    -Voronin
    -Riise (though wouldnt mind him staying)Kewell would of gone Number 1 but hes already on his way the waster.

In:
    -Bentley
    -Villa
    -Micah Richards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United.

3 out:

Saha
    Brown
    O'Shea

3 in:

Benzema
    Richards
    Xavi (:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Tauren, you'd want rid of Brown? He has been very good this season, hardly put a foot wrong and proved a very good replacement for Neville. So much so that Neville was hardly missed.

3 out:

Kuszcak- didn't do anything wrong as such, but probably never be more than emergency backup
    Saha- as others have said his persistent injuries make him a liability at this stage. Could still be a good player for another club if he can get himself properly fit again.
    O'Shea- has gone stale at United and only being used as a bit-part sub. A move to a club like Villa,Blackburn,Everton might put some life back into him and be good for Ireland to have him playing instead of warming the bench every week. He's still a capable player though.

3 in:

Messi-The dream replacement for Giggs. Feck all chance of getting him, but with upheaval on the way at Barca it would be worth chancing your arm. No harm in trying! He'd cost a fortune though.
    Ronaldinho-Sure why not. He's leaving anyway it seems and while he'd be a risk for sure, he is still in the top 3 or 4 players in the world if he could get his form and appetite back.
    Miroslav Klose-He'd be just the kind of goalscoring centre forward that's needed, and his style would be well suited to the premier league.

I have to admit my 3 choices are all a bit unlikely. But really the United squad doesn't need much more other than a goalscoring striker. One or two of the papers reporting that Fergie is eyeing a move for Michael Owen. I'd have mixed feelings on that one, his best days are probably behind him and he's still on massive wages.

In fact his time at Newcastle so far works out at 800,000 pounds per game that he's actually played. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Liverpool

Out:
    Riise
    Pennant
    Kewell

In:
    Silva
    Lahm
    Young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Seems to be almost unanimous agreement on who Liverpool should get rid of, though I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Kuyt. Great workrate and all of that, and yes he nabs the odd vital goal but he isn't good enough to play for Liverpool if they're serious about really challenging the top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Sligo Rovers
    Out
    Keith Foy
    Gary Curran
    Matthew Judge (unless he starts playing like he cares)
    In
    Chris Turner
    Ciaran Martyn
    Barry Cogan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City -

Out-

Sun Jihai
    Sun Jihai
    Sun Jihai

In -

Quaresma
    Xavi
    A full back who is not Sun Jihai

Xavi6 wrote: »
    A full back who is not Sun Jihai

Jihai Sun?

Archimedes wrote: »
    Jihai Sun?

Is that his evil twin brother? Suppose he couldn't be any worse than Sun Jihai.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Tauren, you'd want rid of Brown? He has been very good this season, hardly put a foot wrong and proved a very good replacement for Neville. So much so that Neville was hardly missed.
    Neville hasn't been missed because Vidic and Ferdinand have been absolutely immense this season - they are the rock our success has been built on, not Brown. He is an average footballer, who is not good enough to be first choice right back at United. If he was up for sale in the summer would Arsenal or Chelsea buy him? How about Liverpool? I would say Spurs would say 'no' to. He is a decent squad member, and solid enough to fill in at right back as long as the rest of the team is strong. Just look at the other side of the pitch - Evra is an example of a 'top top' full back - 10 times the full back Brown will ever be, and I would prefer someone of close to his quality on the right side instead of Brown, and Neville, who I think has been going downhill since before his injury (but was still better than brown)

Tauren wrote: »
    Neville hasn't been missed because Vidic and Ferdinand have been absolutely immense this season - they are the rock our success has been built on, not Brown. He is an average footballer, who is not good enough to be first choice right back at United. If he was up for sale in the summer would Arsenal or Chelsea buy him? How about Liverpool? I would say Spurs would say 'no' to. He is a decent squad member, and solid enough to fill in at right back as long as the rest of the team is strong. Just look at the other side of the pitch - Evra is an example of a 'top top' full back - 10 times the full back Brown will ever be, and I would prefer someone of close to his quality on the right side instead of Brown, and Neville, who I think has been going downhill since before his injury (but was still better than brown)

What has Evra done this season that Brown hasnt?

What has Evra done this season that Brown hasnt?

been better - he is far more of a threat, and part of our attack going forward than brown is.

been better - he is far more of a threat, and part of our attack going forward than brown is.

Statistics disagree. 4 assists and 1 goal compared to Evra's 2 assists.

Statistics disagree. 4 assists and 1 goal compared to Evra's 2 assists.

statistics can prove anyting - 80% of people know that, Kent.

Evra is arguably the best left back in the world. Brown isn't even close in terms of the right back role.

Well Brown had more goals and assists this season.....

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well Brown had more goals and assists this season.....

So you think he is better than Evra?

Hell, do you think Brown is better at right back than Richards? I don't.

Sagna or Hutton either. Glen Johnson at Pompey is better going forward too imo. Essien is also a better right back than Brown. Have been more impressed with Hargreaves playing there as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement