Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 in 3 out.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tauren wrote: »
    So you think he is better than Evra?

I never said that. You said Evra was more effective going forward. I beg to differ on that point.
    Tauren wrote: »
    Hell, do you think Brown is better at right back than Richards? I don't.

Sagna or Hutton either. Glen Johnson at Pompey is better going forward too imo. Essien is also a better right back than Brown. Have been more impressed with Hargreaves playing there as well.

Never said he was better than any of those either. To want him out after the season he's had is ridiculous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm gonna go with 4 :)

OUT:

Voronin
    Riise
    Kewell
    Crouch

IN:

Villa
    Bentley/Young
    Lahm
    Barry

and

LUIS GARCIA ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I never said that. You said Evra was more effective going forward. I beg to differ on that point.

Never said he was better than any of those either. To want him out after the season he's had is ridiculous though.

Evra is far more involved in our attacks, and gets involved a lot more. I'm surprised he hasn't got more assists but if i had to pick one of brown or evra to be sold in the summer i would say brown - and i'd be genuinely shocked if any united fan said different. As for the season he had.... it has been average imo. there are many right backs who would have had a similar season if they had been playing for us, and a good number that would have improved us. I want United to sign a right back, and I think Pique will be a better CB than Brown, so if it is 3 in and 3 out - those are the choices I make. In reality Brown will stay but hopefully we will sign a top right back and improve the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Man Utd:

Out:
    -Pique
    -OShea
    -Dong
    -Saha

In:
    -Xavi
    -Inniesta
    -M Richards
    -Hunterlaar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

CHELSEA

OUT

Sidwell
    Tal Ben-Haim
    Makelele

IN

Boswinga
    Ronaldinho
    Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

United

Although I really hate Nani, I'm willing to give him another season to see if he improves.

Out
    - O'Shea
    - Fletcher
    - Saha

In
    - Dani Alves
    - Sergio Aguero
    - Joaquin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal

Out

Eboue
    Senderos
    Bendtner

In

Quaresma
    Garay
    Veloso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

'pool

riise
    voronin
    kut

ashton / keane
    young / bentley
    kaladze / rafinha

United:

OUT:
    Saha
    Dong

IN:
    Benzema
    Messi
    Lahm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Man United:

Out:
    Saha
    Eagles
    O Shea

In:
    Berbatov
    Micah Richards
    Ribery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Liverpool
    joe123 wrote: »

Out:
    -Pennant
    -Voronin
    -Riise (though wouldnt mind him staying)Kewell would of gone Number 1 but hes already on his way the waster.

+1

In:
    -Abidal
    -Villa
    -M.Richards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well no Bosingwa for the United fans, he's off to Chelsea -

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well no Bosingwa for the United fans, he's off to Chelsea -

Link

Seems a bit pricey. I'd be surprised if they didn't try to offload Ferreira (or maybe Belletti) as px in the deal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this is actually the worst thread i've ever seen,
    people name 3 reserve player's who you might get 1 million for at a push,
    and then name 3 30m rated players.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Better than naming good first team players for no real reason, I guess.

Still, this thread makes my eyes bleed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

realisticaly, if even.

pool out:
    alonso 15-20m
    pennant 4-7m
    Crouch 7-13m

in:
    Barry 10m
    bentley 15m
    silva 10-15m

would something like that make sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Out
    1. Sun Jihai
    2. Jihai Sun
    3. Garrido

In
    1.Aguero
    2.Garay
    3.To Madeira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,670 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

out

park (no way good enough for utd)
    carrick (not a fan)
    saha

in

berba
    xavi
    another winger

why do people want o shea out. not a first team player but a good sub just incase of injury

scholes is 34 now and Anderson is not ready to take the mantal. And no way is carrick good enough to fill he's shoes

central midfielder is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Personally think all the Brown out talk is ridiculous.

He has an excellent season in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I still don't see how people so often criticise Carrick,he's such a underrated player IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Out
    1. Sun Jihai
    2. Jihai Sun
    3. Garrido

In
    1.Aguero
    2.Garay
    3.To Madeira

To maderia...a refrence to the old champ man yes? lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

scholes is 34 now and Anderson is not ready to take the mantal. And no way is carrick good enough to fill he's shoes

central midfielder is needed

So Carrick has 2 prem winnners medals in his first two seasons, playing central midfield, and he's not good enough? Are you for real?

Carrick is a fantastic player, his positional sense is great, his passing is superb, and he's tackled alot harder this year than last. He's also played in all of the big matches since christmas. I will say that pre-christmas he was not playing well, since then he's been outstanding.

AS for 3 in 3 out, ~(****ing stupid) ya lets get rid of dong and get messi/kaka in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

mayordenis wrote: »
    realisticaly, if even.

pool out:
    alonso 15-20m
    pennant 4-7m
    Crouch 7-13m

in:
    Barry 10m
    bentley 15m
    silva 10-15m

What has Alonso done in the last 2 years to justify you suggesting 15-20m??

Then you go and rate Barry at 10m. Barry is a better player to have in a team/squad than Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

lordgoat wrote: »
    So Carrick has 2 prem winnners medals in his first two seasons, playing central midfield, and he's not good enough?

Him having a couple of medals is neither here nor there, Ji Sung Park has a couple of prem league medals now aswell, as does John O'Shea. Does that make them great players too?
    Carrick is a fantastic player, his positional sense is great, his passing is superb, and he's tackled alot harder this year than last. He's also played in all of the big matches since christmas. I will say that pre-christmas he was not playing well, since then he's been outstanding.

Carrick has done ok but using words like fantastic and outstanding is stretching it imo. I'd rate Hargreaves a better player, albeit in a more defensive role.

If Carrick was really 'outstanding' he'd be a threat to the likes of Lampard in the England lineup. He isn't which tells you he's not quite at that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Esse85 wrote: »
    What has Alonso done in the last 2 years to justify you suggesting 15-20m??

Then you go and rate Barry at 10m. Barry is a better player to have in a team/squad than Alonso.

He's Rafa in disguise. Ridiculous post.

Actually this is a ridiculous thread.

Out:
    Knight: 20m
    Harewood: 25m

In:
    Rio Ferdinand: 10m
    Kaka: 15m

Easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Man United:

Out -

Louis Saha - Might get 8 million for him? Same as his hospital bills this year.

Michael Carrick - Don't rate him at all. I'd take 8 for him too.

Rio Ferdinand - I dislike him immensely (imo lacks passion for the club, too casual on the ball as a centre back, loses concentration at times) although he has had a great season this year, big factor in winning the league. However, that means his value is at its highest. Might get 30m for him from someone or other.

In -

Gennaro Gattuso - Getting on a bit, arguably not as effective as he once was but a change to the Premiership would be as good as a rest and he has the sort of bite that we lacked this year.

Dirk Kuyt - Almost illegal to like a 'Pool player but Kuyt is such a hard worker, I think he would be a great addition to the squad and surely he wants to win the league someday?

Dean Ashton - I think he could go very far with the right manager/coaching. Possibly not really a spot for him in the current squad but with Saha out there's at least a place on the bench down the pecking order.

With Ferdinand gone, there would be a big gap at the back but I would have to look around for a good centre back to replace him with.

Man United:

Out -

Rio Ferdinand - I dislike him immensely (imo lacks passion for the club, too casual on the ball as a centre back, loses concentration at times) although he has had a great season this year, big factor in winning the league. However, that means his value is at its highest. Might get 30m for him from someone or other.

In -

Gennaro Gattuso - Getting on a bit, arguably not as effective as he once was but a change to the Premiership would be as good as a rest and he has the sort of bite that we lacked this year.

Dirk Kuyt - Almost illegal to like a 'Pool player but Kuyt is such a hard worker, I think he would be a great addition to the squad and surely he wants to win the league someday?

Dean Ashton - I think he could go very far with the right manager/coaching. Possibly not really a spot for him in the current squad but with Saha out there's at least a place on the bench down the pecking order.

With Ferdinand gone, there would be a big gap at the back but I would have to look around for a good centre back to replace him with.

I think that would worsen the united squad, Ferdinand has been imense this season. Carrick has also played his part.

Nobody would pay anywhere near 8m for Saha or 30m for Ferdinand, your living in a dream.

Just as well Sir Alex wont be taking your advice on board.

Man United:

Out -

In -

15_womens_fishing.jpg

surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Man United:

Out -

In -

:eek::confused:

• Advertisement

Never asked Ferguson to take my opinion into consideration, my sum total management experience being a mid table astro league finish. These are my opinions, I'd honestly prefer players with great passion for a club or for football than a more talented but less pssionate counterpart. Carrick and Ferdinand lack the sort of passion that the likes of Tevez and Vidic have in abundance. Ferdinand is almost certainly more talented than Vidic as a footballer but I know which one I would prefer at the back of my team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

mayordenis wrote: »
    realisticaly, if even.

pool out:
    alonso 15-20m
    pennant 4-7m
    Crouch 7-13m

in:
    Barry 10m
    bentley 15m
    silva 10-15m

Would actually make the team worse imho.
    Barry is not a better CM that Alonso.
    Bentley is about the same as Pennant and Silva vs Crouch is very hard to call

Never asked Ferguson to take my opinion into consideration, my sum total management experience being a mid table astro league finish. These are my opinions, I'd honestly prefer players with great passion for a club or for football than a more talented but less pssionate counterpart. Carrick and Ferdinand lack the sort of passion that the likes of Tevez and Vidic have in abundance. Ferdinand is almost certainly more talented than Vidic as a footballer but I know which one I would prefer at the back of my team.

Ferdinand and Carrick are more elegant players, thats their style, not every player is a "braveheart" type player. Ferdinand doesnt lack passion, he dishes out some rollickings when somebody's not pulling their weight.

Even though Ferdinand and Carrick are proven winnners two years in a row now, your still not happy with their contribution to the team.

11 players on a pitch with "passion" will not be as effective as 11 players with talent and passion. The right blend is needed, thats what makes Ferdinand and Vidic a great partnership.

Maybe if you considered this when managing your next team, you might be more successful than a mid table finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'd rather have the talent of Rio than the passion we had with Heinze. thought he loved the club and the fans. the dirty traitor.

Still bitter about that hey Tauren? ;)

IrishMike wrote: »
    Would actually make the team worse imho.
    Barry is not a better CM that Alonso.
    Bentley is about the same as Pennant and Silva vs Crouch is very hard to call

Compare Barry's contribution in CM to Alonso's for the last 2 years. Barry was unlucky not to get in the team of the season this year.

Barry has 9 goals and 10 assists in the league this year, what has Alonso done???

Bentley is a far better player than Pennant, thats why he's rated at 15m and he's being linked with big moves away from blackburn. He's also started for England while Pennant has done what exactly???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Out:

Vorinin
    Crouch
    Risse

In:
    Dean Ashton
    Gareth Barry
    Ashley Young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Esse85 wrote: »
    while Pennant has done what exactly???

Well according to Wikipedia, he is not illeterate
    Personal life

Following a domestic disturbance in July 2007, Pennant was arrested for a Section 5 public order offence — using words or behaviour likely to cause distress — for which he had to pay a fixed penalty fine.[10]

Off the pitch, he is good friends with Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole from their time together at Arsenal.

Pennant is not illiterate.[11]

Until January 2008, Pennant was dating Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes McQueen).[12] He formerly dated topless model Amii Grove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

joe123 wrote: »
    To maderia...a refrence to the old champ man yes? lol

We badly need a 60 goal a season striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Seriously, the person who said Ferdinand out Kuyt in was either taking the piss, coked out of their head or both. Oh and IrishMike, come on, Bentley > Pennant.

Manchester United:

OUT:

Louis Saha
    Mikael Silvestre

IN:
    Klass Jan Huntelaar (Want Benzema but not happening)
    Phillipe Lahm (Want Dani Alves but not happening)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

eZe^ wrote: »
    Im assuming Alves is the only player on that list that you know... ;)

I'm assuming you've only seen christian Poulsen play about 3 games if you actually think he would improve the barce midfeild...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm assuming you've only seen christian Poulsen play about 3 games if you actually think he would improve the barce midfeild...

Nope, watch him week in week out and I think he'd the perfect compliment as a 2nd DMF when Barca play tough away games. His passing is better than most DMF's, and being good in possession is important for Barca. I never suggested he's a better midfielder than Toure, Iniesta or Xavi, but having 2 defensive minded midfielders would be a great asset when going away to tough places like Betis. Part of Barca's winning formula from 2 seasons ago was playing both Edmilson and Motta on the field at the same time to add a little more grafting. Also, Poulsen can fill in as a CB if there is a bit of an injury crisis. Doubt he'll be coming though, as all initial talks seem to have been ceased.

At least my 3 were somewhat achievable, instead of people writing Messi, Kaka, Aguero..... Maybe if you've 180 million to splash out like...

MikeyT086 - Not 'coked out of my head' and not taking the piss either. Also not suggesting that Kuyt is a suitable replacement for Ferdinand.

Esse85 - I take your point about different players styles and not everyone being a braveheart but Ferdinand giving a rollicking when he is so casual at times is on of the things that makes me dislike him.

Again, an elegant style of player as you mentioned is needed for a top level team but I think we can do way better than Carrick. He is weak in the tackle, positioning is terrible at times when defending (great at times when attacking though), passing is overreated by flattering to deceive with some great passes.

As for my Astro team, I would have used Ferdinand or Carrick anyday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I knew you werent suggesting Kuyt directly for Ferdinand. But Rio is one of the best defenders in the world! His "lack of passion" is maybe due to his laid back style? Because i know about 50 million people saw him lose it like a fan when Hargreaves scored vs Arsenal. He has been a great captain for large parts of the season.

Kuyt. I honestly dont see your angle. If you like his work ethic, which i do, we have Tevez. Kuyt doesnt score goals though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Man United

Out:

Louis Saha

Mikael Silvestre

Darren Fletcher

In:

Dimitar Berbatov

Aiden McGeady

Darijo Srna

Of all the players in that position out there, you've gone for McGeady? Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I knew you werent suggesting Kuyt directly for Ferdinand. But Rio is one of the best defenders in the world! His "lack of passion" is maybe due to his laid back style? Because i know about 50 million people saw him lose it like a fan when Hargreaves scored vs Arsenal. He has been a great captain for large parts of the season.

Kuyt. I honestly dont see your angle. If you like his work ethic, which i do, we have Tevez. Kuyt doesnt score goals though.

It's not games like Arsenal that he does it though, it's not hard to get motivated for a game where winning knocks Arsenal out of contention, it's more the games where only Prem points are at stake, early season or supposed 'easy' opponents that he looks lame or somehow disinterested.

As I said in my OP, I can't see a place for Kuyt in the team at the moment and Tevez is the better player by a fair amount but I think a team full of hard working 'lionhearts' is the sort of team I am proud to follow as well as one which stays the course when times are tough or injuries rob you of your big name players, something we have been lucky not face this season. Obviously garnished with the flair, creativity, skill etc of the Ronaldos and Kakas of this world.

Advertisement