Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

super sport mk2

Options
  • 11-05-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

hey all, just after joining this forum. my shooting has been game/pigeon and vermin but i have recently started clay shooting but my gun isnt really suitable.i have read a review on the new bettinsoli super sport mk2 and it looks good. does anyone know anything about them.. price,reliability etc.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

i am thinking about buying one for clays. has anyone got one or know anything about them.. price/reliability etc. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

have my one a couple of weeks now. dont think its a mkII though. i probably read the same review as you did. no gold clay underneath mine! but i do have the luminescant front bead. reckon mine is a slightly upgraded mkI maybe. regardless, its a beauty of a gun, and the mkII is supposed to be even slightly better. all indications on bettinsoli are that they are a hell of a lot of gun for the money. heres a link to mine in the pics thread:- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55907589#post55907589
    i definately wont be changing for a long, long time! i reckon ya wont go wrong with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

cheers. the bettinsolies are very good. i had a diamond but the grip was very thick. i have a bett super field and it is the best shotgun i have had, cant see myself changing it but its a bit light for clays so super sport would be a reasonably cheap 2nd gun. miss fires on 2nd shot is a problem with a lot of them but easily sorted by gunsmith. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have a supersport 2.5 yrs and it has gold engraving on the bottom of the action in front of the trigger

make sure your getting a new model

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

brieny1000 wrote: »
    hey all, just after joining this forum. my shooting has been game/pigeon and vermin but i have recently started clay shooting but my gun isnt really suitable.i have read a review on the new bettinsoli super sport mk2 and it looks good. does anyone know anything about them.. price,reliability etc.:confused:

The Bettinsoli is an excellent gun and will hold it's value. More important than the make is the fit - make sure the gun fits you or at least has an adjustable comb. If you're going to shoot clays, gun fit is one of the most important basics to get right.

If the gun doesn't fit you, you'll not shoot consistent scores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement