Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Karting Near Sligo

Options
  • 11-05-2008 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any GOOD go karting tracks near Sligo. Say within 30 minutes drive ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Within 30 mins of Sligo is an easy answer....its NO! Unfortunately the nearest is Castlebar I think or then Edgeworthstown in Longford.
    There was one in Screen,which is on the Ballina Road but that shut down because of insurance reasons int the end,it had been a family run business but the family members died I think and after that someone else took it over but it has since shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I thought the Castlebar one had shut as well?
    Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Didnt know skreen had shut down, there is a big one in oranmore prob a bit far though

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Whats the one in Edgesworthtown like ?

I also heard that there is one near Ballina. Anyone know if thats any good ?

I have heard from a friend that the one in Edgeworthstown is really good,I have never been there myself though!
    Maybe the one in Castlebar has shut down,didn't hear anything about it and didn't know there was one in the Ballina direction.

The one in Oranmore,Galway is indeed very good,I have been there a couple of times a few years back but it was really good,might be a bit far for you though,just over an hour and a half away.

• Advertisement

Just found out that the one in Ballina is on the Sligo Road in a place called Blind Brook Golf & Activity Centre.
    Google is your friend here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

AdrianII wrote: »
    Didnt know skreen had shut down, there is a big one in oranmore prob a bit far though

Oranmore shut down a few years ago

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Oranmore shut down a few years ago

Didn't hear it closed...why was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Didn't hear it closed...why was this?

Making too much money;)

Best track I seen was Kilmeaden, Co. Waterford .....digital timer to 3 decimal places and everything ....the dogs bolix.

Its a little bit far to go though just for a bit of Go Karting,think I might take a trip over to Ballina one of the days to give it a try.
    I wonder how long it has been there,never knew it existed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement